See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Posada la Gaviota was a wonderful experience, unforgettable for all of us.
They make us feel at home from the first moment. The feeling of order, cleanliness and service are present in every detail. When we sat on the beach to see the sunset or have dinner under the huge tree at the front, is delicious.
The attendants are very nice, the chef enjoys talking to the guests an shares that home feeling when you see him baking bread or cooking the gourmet menu for the night or the omelets for the breakfasts .
On the beach at the islands the picnic is nice and healthy. the boats are punctual and clean,
We traveled with my mother who is 84 years old and she also had a perfect experience
We definitely recommend this Posada

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank naranjitaCaracas
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I went to Los Roques with my sister on February 2011 and we had a great time at Posada La Gaviota!
Clean, organized and with a very attentive staff, always ready to help with anything you need.
Food was fantastic every day, with perfect packed lunches and three course dinner.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 18 August 2010

My partner and I had an excellent stay at La Gaviota. The staff was very warm, attentive and relaxed. Nothing was too much to ask and they organized all of our activities and equipment rentals. The food at the posada is wonderful: three course dinners, hot and cold breakfast buffet, and the packed lunches were perfect for eating on the beach. They supplied coolers, ice and drinks for the day. Eating an elegant dinner while your toes are in the sand is wonderful.

It is clear that the owners have an eye for details as every inch of the posada is polished and coordinated to create a lovely atmosphere. The rooms and bathrooms are especially well thought out.

One recommendation is to bring bug repellant and sun screen as the sand is so white you get burned from the reflection.

They did require that I pay 100% of the hotel bill upfront before I got on the plane and this is strange for western travelers. I can assure you that this is a trustworthy operation and you will not have problems.

Overall the posada gets two thumbs up and when I got back to Los Roques I will stay at La Gaviota for sure.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tomhatfield
Reviewed 1 July 2010

This little Posada is very rustic. But our room has Air Conditioning and great TV. 98 channels. Rooms are tiny but comfortable beds. No one spoke English, so it was quite an adventure. Our package was meals, and trips to the close islands each day. About a 5 minute boat ride. They set up tent, give you cooler with drinks and lunch. Food was great. Ate meals in front of Posada at tables on the sand. People were very nice. All the posadas on Gran Rogue have to be 14 rooms or less, we didn't really look at any others. I found Wi Fi 1/2 block away at free Wifi center by the elementary school. The islands are beautiful and water is BLUE as it can be. Beer and Wine are extra. When we go back, we will try and arrange to pay a little more and take the boats out further to the more isolated islands by ourselves. The ones close by weren't particularly crowded, but there are 100's of ones with no one on them. Cell phones work, so don't have to worry about getting left. You go out and tell them what time you want to be picked up. Can call if decide to come in early
Los Rogues is a gem. La Gaviota is very nice.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2010

What I loved the most about Posada La Gaviota was the food! they serve great gourmet meals (breakfast & dinner), also the boats depart right in front of Posada (very convenient). I spent my vacation doing Kitesurfing in the beautifull blue waters and my children and wife enjoyed doing snorkel.
Tip: normaly the Posada Pakage includes trips to the beaches, however they don't take you into the archipielago, take advantage of a full day to book a tour to the archipielago and see the turtles and wild life of Los Roques!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family