“A little piece of Paradise”
Review of Posada Guaripete

and 1 more site!
Posada Guaripete
Seoul, South Korea
“A little piece of Paradise”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I stayed at Posada Guaripete for four nights and five days and was so impressed by the service there. I arrived mid morning and they were quick to pack me off to a beach to relax for a while before coming back and checking in formally. I really enjoyed how they seat people together for meals - as a solo traveller this was great as I wasn't alone and always had people to speak to. Boat trips to nearby islands were included but if you wanted to go farther afield, they had their own boat and captain who would take you to different places. The staff were incredibly helpful especially Anthony who was my Spanish translator as I am still struggling with the language! And the food! There was so much food, I was always full after the second course at dinner and there were another two courses to go! I also liked how they had a seating area on the second floor where I would regularly sit after a day at the beach and watch the sun set. Fabiola and her staff really went out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and I can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We stayed at Posada Guaripete for four nights and five days and loved every moment of it. Fabiola and her staff are very friendly and truly care about their guests and the quality of service they receive. They did everything to make sure that we were comfortable and happy. The food at the Posada was an experience in itself! We live in New York, the food capital of the world, and we were blown away by the chef. Each meal was tongue smacking delicious. The rooms were nice, pleasant and very clean. We had hot water in the bathroom and the level of service was excellent. We talked to people staying at other posadas and realised how lucky we were having chosen Gauripete. Their rates are great for what they provide. It's similar to staying at the top Posada on the Island just cheaper and friendlier. They made sure we got to see all the islands we wanted to, snorkel as much as we wanted to and even picked us up at different times if necessary. Los Roques is a dream. It has the best beaches we have seen so far and the islands maintain a pristine and rustic charm of going back in time. They are extremely safe and tourist friendly. to In all, we can't wait to go back to Los Roques and stay La Posada Guaripete again. Thanks so much Fabiola and the staff for making our vacation amazing!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Reviewed 18 February 2013

It's a place where you feel people really care about your experience. The staff is very dedicated to make you enjoy your stay in the island. I loved the place (not fancy, but very cozy), the food, the service. I really recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Lecheria, Venezuela
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I live in Venezuela and my buddy is coming down to visit me shortly. Before he did this though, he said he wanted to go Los Roques. He found this place on trip advisor and booked it without telling me. When asked how much he paid, he told me $250/night!!!! When I went on their website it said that it only costs 1,100 Bolivares (Venezuelan currency)/night per person. So that's 2,200 bs. per night for a couple. That is equivalent to only $122 at the moment!!!

Now, I haven't stayed at this place, and I'm sure that it is nice. But after looking at the pictures of their facilities and what other people have written on this website, I don't see how this is even close to worth $250/night!! This is a ridiculous price for what seems a mediocre posada. In the end, Venezuela doesn't have luxury hotels, which is a result of their government's policies and the resulting exodus of tourists and foreigners from this country.

My recommendation is to try (although it may be difficult) to pay in local currency not just for this posada, but any posada in Venezuela. If you can't, try to negotiate with the owners to lower that price in dollars. I say this because these owners who charge dollars can then exchange those on the black market at a rate of 18 bolivars to the dollar. That would mean my buddy has just paid 4,500 bolivars per night at this posada. That's double what they would charge if you were to pay in bolivars from the beginning!!!!

Good luck!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dasgiggla
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Guaripete isn't a resort or a luxury hotel. It's a small place, but full of great vibrations.
Our room was simple, but OK. There were a great air conditioner, a good bed and a clean bathroom.
The breakfast is very good. The lunch is good too, but the best is the dinner.
First, at about 4:30pm they serve some pieces of pizza for those who just arrived from the islands.
At about 7:30pm, they serve the dinner. It's wonderful. And it's so nice to meet everybody and talk to others about how wonderful your day was, which island you've visited. It's the perfect time and place for meeting people and making new friends.
The staff is very helpfull. Fabiola is very nice. I miss her!
One thing that must be considered when you look for a place to stay in Los Roques is if the "hotel" has its own boat and boatman. Guaripete works with Chichi, the most famous boatman there. He's a gentleman. All the group had a great time with him. He's not as the other boatmen there. They just take people to the islands, leave them there and return to pick them back to Gran Roque. Chichi is different... he likes to snorkel, so he takes all the guaripete's group to snorkel together. As he knows every cemtimeter of that bottom of the ocean, he showed us many kinds os fishes, stingrays, lobsters, octopus, and so on. We all had great moments there.
I hope this review can be helpful to anyone who's in doubt to stay or not at Guaripete.

The only frightening thing about Los Roques - and not Guaripete - is the flight from Caracas. Ours didn't have a co-pilot. And the plane is really small (for 8 people). Of course you completely forget about it when you see that wonderful and perfect blue sea.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TatianaRoque
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Simplicity and high quality services. This is what I have to say about Guaripete. Their rooms are suitable to accomplish all your and your family needs. The food exceeded my expectation and the team is great. The most amazing is that I shouldn't need to lock the door even when outside.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Perfect! La posada Guaripete is terrific, but better than this is the good vibe from people who work there! Their kindness is amazing, all of them are so nice that it seems you are at your own home. I'll do my best to come back again! Congrats guys!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple