“Great views and service”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Isla El Gran Roque
Posada Macanao Lodge
Reviewed 11 June 2012

After carefully researching options this posada was one of the best in Los Roques, the reservation process took care of air and accomodation, the service from the food to personalized attention was amazing.
Being so boutique I suggest you bring ear plugs to rest assure a quiet morning otherwise you will hear noise from early workers.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
14  Thank SunnyPilot

Reviewed 18 March 2012

My wife and I have been visited Macanao Lodge over 8 years, and can properly say that it is the single most consistent high-care service provider on the isand. Staff well prepared, and kind. The location is one of the most convenient. Rooms full of details, from linen quality to wooden floors. If you are in for an amazing trip think no more. This classy place is not designed for teenagers looking for going wild, though, there are better and cheaper options for that.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Ricardo R
Reviewed 7 January 2010

My husband and I stayed here and had a wonderful time. The rooms didn't have air conditioning but we had hot water. We also were met at the airport and were warmly received. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Every day of our stay we were dropped on tiny island that we had to ourselves with a cooler of beer, soda, and snacks along with 2 chairs and an umbrella. Lunch was delivered and we were picked up at the time we requested. Down the beach we had the best ceviche I've ever had.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
20  Thank Fabiolaabu
Reviewed 16 July 2009

My experience was amazing, the hotel is beautiful, but you do have to keep in mind that is a Posada, not a 5 star resort. The fact that the rooms do not have A.C. can be a problem, but before we were told before making the reservation. We had hot water, and service was excellent, Everyone in this posada made us feel welcome and made sure all our needs were met.
Yes many mosquitoes, but they provide stuff to minimize it and the Net around the Bed does wonders,..I actually liked it a little too much, I kinda gave a false sense of safety, it just makes it different.
Food was really good, the Chef is truly a Gem...
I do have to admit that this place would be better with A.C, then no mosquitoes either, but then it would take so much out of the experience,..
The only problem with this place is that is part of VENEZUELA,...
BE PREPARED!!!,. Do use your credit card, the exchange rate is controlled by the government (Chavez), the official rate is 2.5 per 1 dollar and they are actually worth 6.5 to 7 bolivares to 1 dollar.
We have friends in Venezuela and they were more than grateful to exchange dollars,..Make sure you save 280 Bolivares for the airport to pay the Airport fee,..unless you want to pay almost $135 to leave this country,..
email me...I'll tell you all about it...

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
15  Thank GDLMX
Reviewed 8 July 2007

Forget about this place, it has no A/C and no hot water. The rooms are plagued with mosquitoes. I count more than 20 bites in two nights, though I slept rolled in a mosquito net. The lady in charge (Marilu) made our experience even worst, she has a NO as answer to everything. Los Roques is a wonderful place and also has wonderful posadas to stay, forget about this one!!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
12  Thank monfranco
Reviewed 7 May 2007

We stayed at the Macanao Lodge for two nights and simply felt like a King and a Queen. As soon as we got to the island there was someone waiting for us at the "airport" to help us with our luggage. At arrival to the hotel, a nice lady was also waiting for us (who by the way spoke perfect english and french, besides spanish of course) and gave us our room key. The room was lovely; clean and comfortable. We were taken to one of the little islands for the day with a big cooler with different kinds of drinks, and our lunch was delivered to us. The service during dinner time was great and we felt so spoiled.

We fell in love with Los Roques' white sand, clear water, and the fact that you can eat fresh lobster in front of the beach. Macanao Lodge worked for us, and we will stay there again with no doubt.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
18  Thank DCMate
Reviewed 21 March 2007

I'm writing on behalf of all us four, Betta (me!), Antonio (my husband), Carmen and Alfonso...
I really want to thank you and your staff for the beautiful holiday and the fantastic stay at the Macanao Lodge. Los Roques is probably one of the best places in the whole world and that is a matter of fact but a holiday is also made of other things. The people you meet, the people who take care of you during the stay and the way you are treated. You are a wonderful person as well as the people who work for you. The food was amazing (great Mon!!!!), the service impeccable (wonderful Morocio, I have no idea how to write it properly...), the bedrooms comfortable (cold showers included!!) and the general atmosphere at the posada was just perfect and relaxing. We had a great time and we are looking forward to coming back as soon as we can. We are telling our families and all our friends all the best about this holiday and trying to persuade everyone to go to a travel agency and join the paradise on earth right away!
Thank you again for your helpfulness, for the delicacy of your manners and for giving us the feeling of "home"....I believe this is one of the most precious aspect of any holiday...
Enclose the pictures taken during our last dinner at the posada. See you soon (hopefully!!!)
betta