Disappointing hotel overall, particularly for the business traveler. See Pros/Cons below.
- Friendly staff;
- Rooms appear nice at first glance, with nice floors and a contemporary look (but see cons);
- Free wi-fi internet in the lobby/common areas, and free cabled internet in the room, and both connections are fast;
- Firm bed;
- Good buffet;
- Though the rooms appear nice at first, when you look closely, you find that there are elements of the rooms that are getting run down, like the drawers in the desk, the sides of the desk, etc.;
- Inadequate lighting in rooms; once the sun went down, I couldn't get my work done without straining my eyes. When I went to bed, it was difficult to read because of inadequate bedside lighting;
- No wi-fi in the rooms -- very inconvenient for those who use tablets and/or cell phones;
- Not enough attention to detail in terms of cleanliness: I kept finding spots on surfaces in the room and bathroom, there was hair on my toilet when I first arrived, and the first two times I ate in the restaurant I noticed that my napkin had spots and stains on it;
- Use of a glass door instead of a shower curtain made entering and exiting the bathtub complicated (fine if you're showering, but a little less easy when taking a bath);
- Toilet had problems filling the tank with water, and the staff was unresponsive to deal with the problem. After two phone calls and two hours of waiting, a housekeeping staff person randomly showed up at my room to deal with something else and she showed me how to fix the problem (opening the tank and pushing down one of the pieces); happy to have been given that information because the problem presented itself again during my stay;
- Inattentive staff; when I finished eating at the buffet, they gave me a bill without an amount on it, and then I couldn't get anyone's attention to find out what the price was, so I ended up having to sign it and leave (here's hoping that it won't cost me a fortune).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pestana Caracas is a premium hotel located in Caracas, in one of the quietest and safest areas of the capital of Venezuela. The hotel is located in a privileged area near the new financial center, Parque del Este and close to the exclusive area of Los Palos Grandes. During your stay you can enjoy our complete fitness centre, sauna, jacuzzi and a top-floor outdoor pool overlooking the dazzling Monte Avila, the most beautiful part of the Venezuelan capital. Taste the Venezuelan meals at our restaurant and take a time for you in one of our 3 bars. You also have available 6 rooms for conferences. The rooms are contemporary and have a luxurious design with flat screen TV and free internet wi-fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, PESTANA MANAGEMENT - Servicos de Gestao S.A., Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Stayforlong S.L., Prestigia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Pestana Caracas Premium City & Conference Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Caracas Hotel And Suites
- Pestana Caracas Hotel Caracas