The pros of this hotel are the location, close to subway for those like me daring to ride it sometimes to the office, good restaurants nearby (Blue Sushi being my favorite), the property is fairly new so the fixtures and flat screen tv won’t make you feel like you are back in the 50’s like other hotels I have stayed in this town, there is a sign at the lobby that claims it opened in 2008 and it seems about accurate. The TV has a very broad channels selection too and I have enjoyed the fact that the bathroom had a window to the room area that made it possible to watch tv and even have natural sunlight in the bathroom and tub.
The cons would be the lack of WiFi in the rooms, it is only available in the pool and gym (rooftop) and lobby (ground level). Another incident was when on Sunday Feb-17 at around 3PM my wife called me in the room and when later I had to call the front desk too and it always took a very long time before someone would pick up the phone up. In one occasion I counted being on hold for 45 minutes and gave up before someone picked up, it amazes me that in many hotels in South America, this one included, they have 3 to 4 guys standing in the check in area, ready to grab your luggage, in my case a very light carryon and a backpack, and stroll it to your room and they make a very strong point in carrying it which is in my opinion absolutely unnecessary, and at the same property, at the same time, there is no one capable of picking up a phone call. I guess answering phones do not bring tips along. The pool area is very small, therefore the place was slammed. And by slammed, I don't mean "really full", I mean it is so crowded that you have to stand still in the water under risk of hitting someone if you do any movements, no space to lay down or take a sunbath too. I don’t recommend the supermarket across the street from the hotel, it will take you 45min no matter how small or simple you purchase is, the “fast lanes” do not help either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pestana Caracas is a premium hotel located in Caracas, in one of the quietest and safest areas of the capital of Venezuela. The hotel is located in a privileged area near the new financial center, Parque del Este and close to the exclusive area of Los Palos Grandes. During your stay you can enjoy our complete fitness centre, sauna, jacuzzi and a top-floor outdoor pool overlooking the dazzling Monte Avila, the most beautiful part of the Venezuelan capital. Taste the Venezuelan meals at our restaurant and take a time for you in one of our 3 bars. You also have available 6 rooms for conferences. The rooms are contemporary and have a luxurious design with flat screen TV and free internet wi-fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, PESTANA MANAGEMENT - Servicos de Gestao S.A., Booking.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pestana Caracas Premium City & Conference Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Caracas Hotel And Suites
- Pestana Caracas Hotel Caracas