“Best in Venezuela!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Panama
“Best in Venezuela!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Well... It's important to be Honest up front: I Do avoid Caracas at all cost! And I'm from Venezuela and only people from here could understand how difficult is to offer great service here.. That being said, when I HAVE to go to Caracas I really appreciate that the Marriott people have the courage (could write a stronger word here) to make business down here and offer this haven. Is the best property overall in the country, still fresh and clean, Great rooms, Kohler bathroom fixtures and the best equipped gym I've seen in a long time (brand new Lifefitness new series). The front desk personnel in my case was really courteous and professional (yes! it's the exception here! and I expect a few of my "Compatriotas" to disagree with this statement while deep inside, outside the Patriotic stuff they are well aware of the decline of the overall service quality in our country). Haven't eat there yet but I do visited the Leaf Lounge bar and it's beautiful, with great ambiance, one of the best lounges i've ever been in Venezuela actually. Be advised that the internet is only free for Gold and Plat. Elites. As other reviewers have noted the location is the best you could get, one of the best districts in Caracas with most of the best restaurants at close distance from the Hotel. One of the very little options in Caracas were you can really go for a walk. This and the LIDOTEL in Margarita are the only hotels I can stay (an make a review of) in Venezuela. There is the neverending currency control issue (like we are back in the Communist 60's), now they make you sure yo CAN'T Get the regular web-page rates (averaging the 300's - 400's) to pay later in Bs. (VEF), so if you want a non-prepaid rate you have to call and get a minimun 600$ rate to be able to pay at the official exchange rate at the desk.. But well!.. You people know what I'm talking about. This goes really outside the scope of this review and even of human logic.. So I keep using this hotel even if I have to pay the "theorical" 600$.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Panama T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Negril, Jamaica
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

At 4:15am my newly wed wife and I arrived for a few hours stay on our wedding night, uppon entering the guest room we were blown away by a bottle of champagne, a 5 long stem red rose arrangement and a platter of petit fours, myself being an Executive for a 4 Diamond AAA and 5 star hotel I was impressed with the acknowledgement, which is not unexpected between people in the the hospitality industry, 15 minutes into our being in the room, a front desk agent called (at 5:30am to a newlyweds room?, seriously?), to ask if he could arrange for the previosly mentioned amenities to be picked up and delivered to the correct room, as they had assigned someone else's room to us in error.......I just placed them in the hallway outside my room, lost for words, as I had no desire to be yet again interrupted on my wedding night and frankly left with no interest in even bringing this to their management's attention. I even called to have water delivered to the room, as they offer empty mini bars too, and the clerk's response was "you have two bottles in the bathroom", well, i do apologize for such a cumbersome request, definitely not the service I expect at a "5 star" hotel, as if this was not enough, we were woken up at 10:00am by their "rooms control" (what control?) clerk to offer to have the amenities resent to our room, to which I reminded her that we were scheduled to leave that same day, baffled she mentioned that they would offer us complimentary breakfast..............uhm we have to say the rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and the quicker we left, the better for us, not a good experience in any scale, maybe for a US$50 a night motel, but not at US$300 per night.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Andrew C
Marbella
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Many readers will understand how noisy and chaotic Caracas is. The traffic has some of the worst jams in the world. But this new hotel (about 3 years old) is a haven of peace and quiet with 26 floors. The staff are charming the air conditioning works efficiently and the rooms are quite large. The pool on the 5th floor is excellent with plenty of space to take the sun. The gym, also on the 5th floor, is huge and never overcrowded.
The executive lounge on the 6th floor has a first class breakfast, in peace and quiet. For business or pleasure you cannot go wrong here. The only negative is that out of 3 lifts only 2 ever seem to work. This means that sometimes one has to wait for the lift.

Room Tip: I have stayed here often and all the rooms seem to be about the same. I prefer lower level near the...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank A H
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Excellent facility and very friendly staff, the price might be a bit high but for me it really worth it, very spacious and well equipped rooms, I have enjoyed my stay here and the location is right in the center.

Room Tip: Go for higher floors to enjoy the view, I was in the 20th floor and it was wonderful.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Shakadapra
Maastricht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance for a couple of days on business and I have to say that this hotel has everything a business traveller needs. Reasonably spacious rooms, good business facilities, good bar, good breakfast and everything else.

Staff are friendly, helpful and polite and I felt looked after. I must admit I didn't use the pool (or the gym, shame) so I cannot comment on that.

The location is in a safe enough neighbourhood, so that you can go out and visit a mall or a bar nearby. It can be quite nice to be able to go out and enjoy fresh air, even if it is in Caracas during a politically unstable time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank WeeMan22
Venezuela
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

This is a good business oriented hotel located in a nice part of Caracas. The rooms have good size and comfortable beds. The gym is very good, but the pool is not tempered and very cool.

Be aware that you will have to pay for valet parking and internet use. Also there´s no such thing as free drinks on the executive floors. Breakfast was included in my rate is ok but nothing special.

Please note that overall the quality of hotels in Caracas is very low, this one ranks among the best available even if it is below international standards

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

Nicely located in the city center of Caracas, this is a nice hotel, very comfortable beds, and wide rooms, no smoking floors at all in the hotel. Watch out as you may have to pay high fines. Breakfast is normal, nothing much.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business