Renaissance Caracas La Castellana Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness centre
  • Restaurant
All reviewschef raulthe executive loungegold memberbusiness tripoutstanding servicenice hotelnice breakfastcurrent situationrooms are comfortablemarriott hotelsexcellent experienceother countriesthe check in processenjoyed my stayhigh floorfree internetmacon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The last time I was in Caracas, I decided to give a chance to this hotel in the Marriott chain, at first I was not sure, because I had already been to a Marriott in Caracas, specifically at the JW of El Rosal and it was quite disappointing. Taking into account the fact that Caracas is a city, mostly, truly unsafe. This hotel is located in one of the privileged areas of the city, where you can relax a little. The hotel has a nice structure to the naked eye, the staff is attentive, both the rooms and the hotel inside and out is kept clean. The meeting rooms have good capacity and excellent distribution of space, the pool area is nice, the view from the hotel to the mountains is relaxing in the chaos of a city like Caracas. The hotel is ideal for events, business travelers and weekend getaways.

1  Thank Lmontag
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is a horrible property, and not deserving of the Marriott flag. The staff will tell you one thing and then do another. I would not trust this hotel at all; you would be better off at the Embassy Suites, the Lido Hotel or the InterCOntinental.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights, and everything was amazing. The staff are very friendly and professional. Make sure you try their coffee downstairs in the Lobby.. they make beautiful artsy shapes in your coffee. The rooms are very clean, and modern. The bed feels like a tempura pedic. The room service is very fast, they say they'll be there in 45 minutes but they really take 15 to 20 minutes. The Venezuelan eggs benedict where incredible. Also, the location is perfect because everything is close by. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here on my next trip.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 23rd floor and had an amazing view of the city. I would recommend them to stay in a high floor to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Well... It's important to be Honest up front: I Do avoid Caracas at all cost! And I'm from Venezuela and only people from here could understand how difficult is to offer great service here.. That being said, when I HAVE to go to Caracas I really appreciate that the Marriott people have the courage (could write a stronger word here) to make business down here and offer this haven. Is the best property overall in the country, still fresh and clean, Great rooms, Kohler bathroom fixtures and the best equipped gym I've seen in a long time (brand new Lifefitness new series). The front desk personnel in my case was really courteous and professional (yes! it's the exception here! and I expect a few of my "Compatriotas" to disagree with this statement while deep inside, outside the Patriotic stuff they are well aware of the decline of the overall service quality in our country). Haven't eat there yet but I do visited the Leaf Lounge bar and it's beautiful, with great ambiance, one of the best lounges i've ever been in Venezuela actually. Be advised that the internet is only free for Gold and Plat. Elites. As other reviewers have noted the location is the best you could get, one of the best districts in Caracas with most of the best restaurants at close distance from the Hotel. One of the very little options in Caracas were you can really go for a walk. This and the LIDOTEL in Margarita are the only hotels I can stay (an make a review of) in Venezuela. There is the neverending currency control issue (like we are back in the Communist 60's), now they make you sure yo CAN'T Get the regular web-page rates (averaging the 300's - 400's) to pay later in Bs. (VEF), so if you want a non-prepaid rate you have to call and get a minimun 600$ rate to be able to pay at the official exchange rate at the desk.. But well!.. You people know what I'm talking about. This goes really outside the scope of this review and even of human logic.. So I keep using this hotel even if I have to pay the "theorical" 600$.

1  Thank Panama T
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

At 4:15am my newly wed wife and I arrived for a few hours stay on our wedding night, uppon entering the guest room we were blown away by a bottle of champagne, a 5 long stem red rose arrangement and a platter of petit fours, myself being an Executive for a 4 Diamond AAA and 5 star hotel I was impressed with the acknowledgement, which is not unexpected between people in the the hospitality industry, 15 minutes into our being in the room, a front desk agent called (at 5:30am to a newlyweds room?, seriously?), to ask if he could arrange for the previosly mentioned amenities to be picked up and delivered to the correct room, as they had assigned someone else's room to us in error.......I just placed them in the hallway outside my room, lost for words, as I had no desire to be yet again interrupted on my wedding night and frankly left with no interest in even bringing this to their management's attention. I even called to have water delivered to the room, as they offer empty mini bars too, and the clerk's response was "you have two bottles in the bathroom", well, i do apologize for such a cumbersome request, definitely not the service I expect at a "5 star" hotel, as if this was not enough, we were woken up at 10:00am by their "rooms control" (what control?) clerk to offer to have the amenities resent to our room, to which I reminded her that we were scheduled to leave that same day, baffled she mentioned that they would offer us complimentary breakfast..............uhm we have to say the rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and the quicker we left, the better for us, not a good experience in any scale, maybe for a US$50 a night motel, but not at US$300 per night.

• Stayed: June 2013