InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas
  • Pool
Hotel Dallas(Caracas)
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
All reviewstraditional hotelvery nice hotelswimming pool isother hotelscurrent situationcircumstances
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Myself and 20 others on the course I was presenting stayed here reluctantly. All our worst fears were realised. One of my students ( a fluent native Spanish speaker) had to move rooms 5 times in one week and the room was still poor. Another student had a bare plank of wood on her ceiling. Another student had parts missing from his shower which meant that he had to splash the water on his upper body himself! None of these faults were corrected by the hopeless staff. I was prewarned and stayed in the expensive room on the third floor, but still the tv remote and lights didn't work correctly. I had no hot water in the shower and the 5 security guards on my floor talked right outside my door all night waking me. I tried to get this hotel removed from my company approved list, but unfortunately failed!

Based on this, I would NEVER stay in Caracas again.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
HotelTamanaco, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Thanks for take time to feedback about your stay at our hotel. I sincerely sorry for your bad experience, and I recognize that we have deficiencies in our hotel, but this year, in honor to a 60th aniversary we are carrying out a remodeling project and preparation of the team, to make that this kind of comments are not repeated and the stay of our guests be the better than great.

Again, I offer a sincerely apology and I hope to give us a chance to probe that we are a great choice in hotels stay, and yourself see the improves at our hotel.

Beatriz Vergara
Guest Manager

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Came here for business. I was given a renovated room that was really nice. Plus, it had great views of the city and overlooking the swimming pool. The staff was quite friendly and helpful as well. When relaxing, I had comfort food by the pool - the pizza was great. I felt safe at all time and the location was perfect, near everything I needed. For a trip to Caracas, this hotel is definitely my choice going forward.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PO1976
HotelTamanaco, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Thank you for your exhaustive review.

I am very glad to know that your stay with us was satisfactory.

We work hard to give to our guest the best service that you deserves and it is always hugly motivating when one of our guest recognize our work. I will pass your great words to our staff to continue working to please our guests.

Beatriz
Hotel Tamanaco InterContinental

Reviewed 13 January 2013

I first stayed at this hotel as a child with my parents in the 1960's. It was the first Interconti in Venezuela and my parents attended the offical opening. ( and I believe the only one left as the others have been taken over by the government.) I am now in my 50s, but have great memories going to the hotel with my father to get a haircut or use the pool every weekend. Yes she does show her years, but on my last visit the floor I stayed on had been renovated. It was very nice.

The front desk has always been very helpful, and the bar staff of the lobby always remember me, even when I have been gone for six months.

The staff has always been great. Some do not speak English, but then one should be able to speak some Spanish or at least try, as I do when I travel to other non-English or Spanish speaking countries and try to know at least some of their language.

Caracas has changed for the worse, so when one is selecting a hotel in the city they need to look at security. There are some fine hotels in the city that may be closer to restaurants, etc. But the Tamanaco is located in a good area,away from all the traffic, with beautiful grounds and excellent security.

She may be showing her age, but it will always be my favorite for its location and so close to excellent restaurantes in Las Mercedes as well as the the campo de golf!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Marcelo T

Dear Marcelo.

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we comply your expectations. We look foward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Yes, the hotel is undergoing an extensive remodel; however, our room on the 3rd floor was very nice and clean. The staff during check in was helpful and courteous; no issues with the bill. The location is very good (safe) and the property grounds are lovely. We left a package behind and retrieved it the next day, housekeeping had saved it. One has to keep in mind this is a 3rd world country; that said, I'd recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Mountain view. Like many hotels that have outdoor entertaining areas rooms facing them can be noicy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comprenhensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative about your comments. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned.

Beatriz V.
Hotel Tamanaco InterContinental.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

When I checked out, after paying my bill in cash the recepcionist said the voucher I had signed could not be returned because the person who had the keys of the safe was out. When the statement from my credit card came I had the surprise that the bill had been charged again. It took three months, numerous phone calls, letters and the help of friends who lived in Caracas to put pressure on the hotel to solve the problem. I finally got most of my money back (not all of it, since I had to pay the taxes). It was a terrible, infuriating experience!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Viajerodosmil

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the credit card issue you experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our Hotel and I trust we can regain your confidence in our Hotel soon.

We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your credit card issue.

Beatriz V