“Hotel inside a mini-city mall”
Review of Hotel CCT

Hotel CCT
Ranked #56 of 85 Hotels in Caracas
United States
“Hotel inside a mini-city mall”
Reviewed 4 September 2010

First-time in Caracas for a three-night visit, we went for the sure thing and stayed at this Best Western. It met our needs: inside a shopping mall that had everything, (including massaje) and good restaurants and late night pubs and casino, with Taxis plentiful outside the door. Hotel rooms were spacious as was pool and fitness center. Internet in room included -- just get modem at reception. Nothing elegant or glamorous here, just functional hostelry. Breakfast was a little weak though. For payment: pay cash on arrival after you have done your dollar to bolivar conversion at the airport, as hotel cambio at official rate only. note: room rate steeply discounted on weekends. guest visits permitted, no joiner fees.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Paubranco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 9 May 2008

I always check reviews on TripAdvisor before making travel arrangements, and when I had to spend a few days in Caracas this month, I followed the advice from the review in 2007 entitled, "Best Hotel Yet" and booked a room at the Best Western Caracas CCT. Unless something dramatically changed over the last 12 months, I strongly disagree with that review and urge would-be travelers to go elsewhere. At $345 USD per night, I expected to find a top-notch business hotel. Instead, I had a room that was sparsely furnished and smelled of mildew; the water from the bathroom sink was brown; the wireless internet connection did not work; there was no key to the mini-bar in the room; there was no room-service menu; and last but not least, there is constant traffic noise because the hotel is located at the intersection of two double-decker highways plus several other busy streets. I wrote a list of the items wrong with my room and gave it to the Front Desk receptionist; only one problem was corrected (I received a key to the mini-bar).

At the rate I was paying, I found this completely unacceptable and moved to another hotel in Caracas - the Tamanaco InterContinental - and had a completely opposite experience. For about $100 less per night, I had a cosy & clean room, wireless service that worked, attentive hotel staff and excellent restaurant selections onsite (pricey, though). Some parts of the hotel show a little wear-and-tear, but for anyone traveling to Caracas on business, the Tamanaco InterContinental is a good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank SFblondster

Travellers are raving about these Caracas hotels

Connecticut
Reviewed 8 June 2007

I stayed at the Best Western CCT in November of 2006.

I was in Caracas on business and I do not speak a word of Spanish. The hotel staff did an outstanding of contending with my inability to communicate in their language.

The service was very friendly and very responsive to my needs.

I visited a cafe near the hotel. When the waiter couldn't take my order, he went to the hotel and got the manager to come to the cafe to translate for me. I asked for a shrimp dish. The waiter left and returned to inform the hotel manager that they were out of shrimp and asked what I would like for a second choice. With my meal, they provide a bottle of wine because I was inconvenienced. On the contrary, it was me that inconvenienced them.

The rooms were comfortable and well kept. The view from the hotel window was beautiful.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Caracas.

• Liked — Located above the shopping mall.
  • Disliked — I was very pleased
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank TIGMAN
Travellers also viewed these Caracas hotels
La Candelaria
Chacao
Hotel Chacao & Suites
Hotel Chacao & Suites
#11 of 85 in Caracas

Been to Hotel CCT? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel CCT

Property: Hotel CCT
Address: Centro Ciudad Comercial Tamanaco | Chuao, Caracas 1060A, Venezuela
Region: Venezuela > Capital Region > Caracas
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #56 of 85 Hotels in Caracas
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel CCT 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel CCT reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Caracas