This is a highly priced 3 star hotel posing as a 5 star. This was clearly a very nice and luxury hotel at one point. Unfortunately, they have spent no money in up keeping it or in any renovations. So here is my review:
- Room size is quite good / large
- Buffet spread is great...lots of choices even for picky vegetarians like me
- The indoor Jacuzzi pool is amazing
- Shower pressure is great
- Beds are comfy, not too hard, not too soft, and great sheets.
- The service is terrible at all levels. I asked for more hangers and they left about 20 iron hangers in my room, like the ones from the dry cleaner. I went to the concierge and asked for wooden hangers. He told me that they didn't have any, anywhere in the hotel, to give me. I told him that the iron hanger deform my sleeves. He told me I was wrong and sneered at me.
- Housekeeping is terrible too. My floor was so dirty when I checked in that I had to ask them to vacuum. When the maids watch TV while cleaning your room, they don't put it back to your original channel when done. They don’t put your iron and ironing board away, and they don’t do anything with the curtains, which are confusing and inconveniently drawn.
- The restaurant is nice and big with a great food spread. Unfortunately, they only a small portion of it to hotel guests, which is very frustrating in the morning when there are so many people having breakfast and such limited space that on 4 of my 5 mornings I had to share my breakfast table with complete strangers. Ten feet away, there was a whole large section of the restaurant blocked off for…who!?! Empty! And there is another entire back section of the restaurant that was closed too.
- Each morning when I left the hotel for my meetings, I would walk through the lobby and see that the checkout line had at least 25 people in it and backed up all the way to the elevators. I actually took a picture of it to show in my review.
- General upkeep is really bad. The carpets have stains in all of the common areas, the walls are stained, etc...
- The price is outrageous for what you get at this hotel. They were probably appropriate 40 years ago, but not anymore.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Melia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Gran Melia Caracas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Caracas
- Caracas Gran Melia