“No booze, No food before 7am, No clean water, no good bathtub,”

Hotel Chacao Cumberland
Ranked #26 of 86 Hotels in Caracas
Olympic Penninsula
“No booze, No food before 7am, No clean water, no good bathtub,”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2010

Tap water is dark orange/brown, no bottled water available, web and hotel advertize a cocktail bar, but no alcohol any time. My voucher said breakfast included but they refused, saying they NEVER include breakfast. Even with the paid voucher, they tried to get me to sign to pay for the room the next day. i was there 4 and 7 Sept 2010 and the first time the tub plug was stuck so it wouldnt come out and cold dark water came in. I asked that on my return I would get a room with a working bathtub. First there was no plug. When I got a plug, the tub worked but the shower wouldnt shut off or switch to tub. When that worked, I had a small dark orange/brown bath. Not sure how clean I got, but it was hot. First night I asked where to go for a cash machine (ATM) and they didnt know. (One was next door, but it was out of money.) Then I asked for a drink since they didn't serve any. They sent me 2 blocks away to a bar on 2nd floor with no stairs (they knew I cant climb stairs and sent me anyway) so I didn't get a drink that night. On the 2nd trip I saw, just around the corner from the hotel a Chinese restaurant and bar on the street level. I went there and had great food and drink. Came back and told the hotel staff and he said, "They no speak English?" As if that would keep anyone from getting a drink!
Room cleanliness was ok, wake up call worked, other than erroneous advertisements, bad water, bad desk personnel, it was ok in a pinch.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank kittravel

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2009

Well located round the corner from Chacaito metro station and its shopping centres, and just off the Sabana Grande Boulevard. Rooms are modern, clean and comfortable. Free El Nacional paper every morning. Cooked breakfast. Staff helpful though only a handful with reasonable English. Be sure you have USD at hand and exchange money at preferential rate (ask the hotel staff to help you, off the record and off the premises).

Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank RichardM7
Guatemala
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2008

The only good of this hotel are the rooms... The service is really bad the front desk does not care about your issues... the rooms doesn´t have locks inside I was in the room and a person from the hotel opened the room without asking whether there was someone inside.

A family member called me, but I wasn't at the hotel, and they never told me about the call.

They offer the breakfast but you have to ask almost begging them to give you the "courtesy pass".

When I arrive to the hotel (i was carrying three suitcases) and none opened the main door.

So my advice.... look for another hotel.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Travellers also viewed these Caracas hotels
La Candelaria
The Hotel Caracas
#63 of 86 in Caracas
El Recreo
Gran Melia Caracas Hotel

Been to Hotel Chacao Cumberland? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Chacao Cumberland

Property: Hotel Chacao Cumberland
Address: Av Santa Lucia con Av Principal del Bosque, Caracas, Venezuela
Region: Venezuela > Capital Region > Caracas > Sabana Grande
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Airport Transportation
Ranked #26 of 86 Hotels in Caracas
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel Chacao Cumberland 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Chacao Cumberland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Chacao Cumberland Hotel