“You have to get the plantain mousse!”
Review of Azahar

Azahar
Ranked #41 of 583 Restaurants in Caracas
Price range: US$30 - US$100
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Louisville, Colorado
“You have to get the plantain mousse!”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This restaurant has it all (except for one thing, which I'll point out below). The view over the city is pretty at night. The food (more later) is incredible. The dessert was just right. As the title of the review suggests, the highlight for me food wise was the plantain mousse starter. I really don't know what was in there besides the sweet plantains, but it literally made my knees buckled when I had the first bite. And I was not alone; everyone in our party thought it was the best thing they'd tasted (which is saying a lot because as many other reviews note, the plantain gnocchi is great as well). For my main course I had the trout, which was perfectly prepared and I loved the light sauce/glaze on top. We had the molten chocolate cake even though we were all full. So, four of us split a pretty small cake (it was like four people sharing an espresso), but really, we were so full. My only negative comment on the place was that you could only get one of the red wines by the glass (and I wasn't thrilled with it). So, skip the wine and stay with the mojitos.

• Visited August 2013

Caracas, Venezuela
“Mediterranean food with a view”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Delicious food, the ambient is really lovely and romantic and it has an amazing view of Caracas! The plantain gnocchi are to die for, you must try them!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Milva R
Miami Beach, Florida
“Amazing”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I have to travel twice a month to Caracas. I should definitely recommend this Restaurant. The food is incredible, service outstanding and the view of the Caracas valley is impressive. The menu has many options but you should try at least once the Gnocchi de Platano (Plantain Gnocchi with an exquisite Portobello sauce) and the Linguini Frutto Di Mare. Excellent Location. Posh. This site is a must!

• Visited October 2012