“Education doesn't cost anything”
Review of Hotel Tampa

Hotel Tampa
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Caracas
Hotel Tampa
Ranked #29 of 85 Hotels in Caracas
Osasco, SP
“Education doesn't cost anything”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I had been in this hotel at the end of June. It's a lot cheaper of other hotels in Caracas, even so it has an ok appearance and comfortable bedrooms. Although, the wifi poorly works in the lobby, in the bedrooms, there would be no way.... I changed bedrooms during my stay (I lost my flight and had to go back to the hotel) and at the second one there wasn't hot water in the shower. In the first one, the air conditioner made an awful sound all the time.....

But all of these things could be expected in a place which is half the price of other hotels. But what happened that really disturbed me was that when I arrived and had to pay for the room (this is also ridiculous, they don't make reservations and you have to pay before going to the bedroom), the credit card machine had a problem and couldn't process the payment. The concierge said that I should wait in the lobby and try again other time. Right after, two men dressed in suits arrived and the same happened to him, the credit card machine couldn't process the payment. But in this case the concierge act differently, and gave them the key at the same moment and said that they could pay later! After that I questioned her, which only gave me a despicable look and didn't answered me. Only some ten minutes after she called me and gave me the key, without apologizing. In other words, they judge people by how they look and mistreat people who are not fancy dressed. Y was dressed in a total normal way, maybe they misjudged me because was carrying a backpack and not a suitcase, I don't know.... But this is totally outrageous anyway....

The location of the hotel also isn't good. Maybe because I was easily recognized as a foreign girl, just 50 meters of the hotel a homeless guy shouted that was going to take my purse.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Monterey, California
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is an older Hotel in a convenient and active part of town. There was formerly a juice bar and fitness center on the rooftop. Things like this have been let go, due to harsh economic factors. One of the joys of Hotel Tampa is that it's staffed with 5 star hotel employees. Honestly, they could be beamed to work at any Hilton and they'd fall into place. There are or were several Tailors, Hair/Nail Salons, and elegant French Pastry type bakeries within blocks, often mixed in with street vendors. The Subway station is close to Hotel Tampa, and there is an Italian Restaurant and small Bar on first floor near Front Desk. This is a fun part of town, but dress down. No fancy watches or sunglasses, walk deliberately, don't speak English on the street, be back in Hotel before dark. Use only Taxi's called by the Hotel.

Room Tip: Depending on day of week, they may have a suite (2 beds and 2 baths) for just ten or so more dollars...