“ANTIGUA”

Price range: US$15 - US$20
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Antigua has one of the best chef in Venezuela Ana Belén,they have excellent breakfasts for meetings and conventions,Wonderful lunchs and dnners and staff is very nice.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Its a small place and many people, is better make reservation, they have valet parking because the parking in front is too small

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Food products are of excellent quality; recipes are creative and fancy; food portions are good; very nice atmosphere and decoration; desserts are outstandingly good.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Ne and a group of two friends decided to take a trip to Venezuela, it turned out to be a good trip except for this restaurant, well that is except for the last two days, when we were feeling the effects of this food. We had to switch rooms at the hotel, Hotel Caracas Cumberland to be exact, twice. needless to say the staff was not very happy with the restaurant. One of the people in our group had very very bad diarrhea, we also didn't make it back. I mean very very very bad. We had to find a new store for replacement clothes, what was going to be a cheap meal turned into a very expensive new wardrobe for one of our group, The food tasted like a Mexican Hungry Man Meal, I could taste the freezer burn as we ate, and all they served to drink was dirty water. Visibly murky with bacteria.

We also saw a couple rats, as another reviewer stated, They were the largest I have ever seen. Joe also didn't make it out.

Service was excellent though.

1  Thank Joe W
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Went for lunch yesterday with my kids, three adolescents. We asked how long a wait it would take and the maître (ok, young guy at the entrance) told us 20 mins. So we waited, and waited, and waited... eventually got drinks, tequeños and fried calamari (which weren't bad) and waited so more. After 40 mins the same guy told us our table was about to be ready, so we could order to speed up service. We did. And waited and waited and waited. Long story short: Those 40 mins turned into 1 hour AND 40 mins. At that point I asked for the check, the guy begged me for 5 more mins, I said no and went straight to the register to pay and leave.
The manager appologized many times, only charged me for the one alcoholic drink and we left. Upon leaving, my 18 year old daughter swears she saw a rat crossing the dinning room. I didn't see it, but when in doubt...
Please do yourself a favor, go elsewhere.