“It'll do!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Catia La Mar
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“It'll do!”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We stayed here in February 2013. It was ok just about. The airport pick up was there waiting for us which was good. The hotel was ok. It was clean and safe. Not overly friendly but ok. We did arrive at about 11.30pm and were starving, the restaurant was shut but they did make us pasta and chicken which was good of them. My husband did want the risotto but the waiter was very insistent that he couldn't have that as it takes 45 mins to prepare! But they did cook for us. The room was basic but clean, the bunk beds were a little wobbly. The ensuite was dated but adequate until the water went off mid shower!!!! We also stayed at MUE VETEX VARGAS. Which was much better, similar price but more friendly and better rooms, the restaurant there is pricey but it saves venturing out onto the streets. Worth paying over the top prices for peace of mind.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carly R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice because it was recommended and I paid the rooms in advance.

-the transfer: airport - hotel: if you don't see the van in the upper floor, you better call the hotel to verify the are going to pick you up. you might have to wait about 30 mins... even thought the hotel is close by.
hotel - airport: be clear at the reception about the time and be downstairs 15 mins before the time.

-The staff: at the reception they are not very friendly; I showed my invoice and they guy wanted me to pay... I have to explain again that I already paid for the room and then he "checked" in his system and finally found my reservation. Really??? so be aware you need to be patient.
the second time that I had to stay there I call a day in advance to make sure that everything was clear but this didn't help because when I got there I had to wait 15 mins until they found me in their computer.

- the room: the double standard is very small. the bed is so small that me and me husband couldn't fit I am 5.5 and my husband 6.7. So, if you are similar sizes I suggest to get a double matrimonial, a room with two double bed or a queen and a bunker bed. so you both can sleep.
the rooms were clean, the air condition works fine, the washroom was clean and had hot water.

I had stayed in cheap places but with good service. If you stay here you got to be very patient with the staff and have low expectations in general. Then you will enjoy your night.

Room Tip: if you are traveling with your partner and want to sleep comfy ask for a room with two beds.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank VyB123

Travellers are raving about these Catia La Mar hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I've been to Venezuela many times and this is the only hotel we stayed so far because it is close to the airport and safe. we stayed for the next flight to Merida El Vigia and back to United State. Its not the best hotel but its good, the restaurant in the hotel have good food but don't ask for a rare steak they can't seem to get it right lol and the waiters sometimes good sometimes not good. we keep staying there because we're used to it since 2010 and the safely. the hotel is next to the beach but we don't walk outside at night time at all. we stayed there about 4-6x a year but in and out. they do have a free transportation but we normally catch the taxi to the hotel but use their free transportation to the airport, i believe it runs every hour.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Puerto Ordaz, Bolivar, Venezuela
Reviewed 8 February 2013

This is a decent way to stay a night between flights, everything is clean, the restaurant is decent (and has a great view) and the hotel has free transportation between the hotel and airport (once you have your bags it's better to call the hotel to make sure they will pick you up). If you are desperate to go to the beach you have one just crossing the street (not a nice one but a beach at last)

Room Tip: If you smoke ask for a room in the 5th floor, there you can get to the roof to smoke and see the bea...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Not good value for money if you are from outside Venezuela. This motel should be used only for overnight stays in between flights. They had free pickup from the airport but they made us wait for more than an hour and only took us to the hotel with in a van with 50 other people even though the distance between the hotel and the airport was only 2/3 miles. The rooms and bathroom were clean enough but the bedlinen and blankets could definitely be cleaner. All said, this is probably the only choice for decent overnight stay in Caracas near the airport. Restaurant serves good food.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 November 2012

It is a simple and cheap hotel for wait for your flight, the restaurant have a great food and the bedrooms has AC, and the most important, the hotel has your own transportation between the hotel and airport avoiding the terrible taxi service from Caracas.

Room Tip: Make some change at the airport, pay with Bfs is more worthwhile than paying in U.S. dollars
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here for a night before our flight back home from Caracas. It was purely a functional stay and everything was perfectly adequate. the room and hotel were clean and tidy and the shuttle service to and from the airport prompt and easy to organize.
The hotel is not in an area with many amenities, not really any shops or places to eat. there is a small beach at the front but is not really the type to be lazing on or for a swim. You can get snacks and drinks at the hotel but of course there was a make up on the price. I would not recommend the restaurant eat before you get there.

Room Tip: a single night is fine dont use as a base for your holiday stay.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
La Candelaria
Hotel Alex
Hotel Alex
#14 of 86 in Caracas

Been to Hotel Restaurant Catimar? Share your experiences!