“First Class Lodge”
Review of Mkuze Falls Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mkuze Game Reserve
Mkuze Falls Lodge
Muscat
“First Class Lodge”
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and i would say this is the most exotic hotel that i have ever stayed in. the beautiful chalet with balcony facing a lake which is lit up in the night. you can spot the crocodiles and hippos from your room.. beautiful view from the room with a plunge pool and the shower facing the lake are fabulous. Restaurant is good and they serve one game meat in dinner. The boma dinner was excellent. As we were Indians the chef tried to serve indianish meals to us which i appreciate. the hotel provides 2 complementary game drives each day, one in the morning and one in the evening, apart from that one can choose a bush walk or fishing. internet is complementary and the staffs were very friendly. as the hotel has very limited rooms the staffs were able to take personal care of us. I rate this as a 5* and i will strongly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank barani007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
St. Petersburg
Reviewed 9 June 2011

We had such a wonderful time here. The service was more than 5 star, the best we have ever received anywhere, with attention to every detail. We were in Chalet 5, and it was so beautifully decorated and clean with privacy and a wonderful view of the falls.
The entire lodge was clean and decorated so well with attention to every detail too.
The food was wonderful, but we ate way too much as we are always being served something delicious.
The game drives we so good, We was 4 of the Big 5, missing the leopard....but the 4 cheeta brothers made up for that. We were shown how they actually track the animals to find them for us to see. It was really awesome.
We will be back!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GojiAnna
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2011

We had a most enjoyable time here. The whole site is well run - excellent game drives with skilled and responsive guide and tracker who know the huge reserve intimately and make every effort to satisfy their guests, good and comfortable accommodation, and a restaurant/bar amongst the best we have experienced on game reserves. Great all round.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wdcw
Cornwall
Reviewed 13 December 2010

For our 4th trip back to SA we added Mkuze Falls to our itinerary. I blanched a bit at the price, its not cheap but the combination of the big 5 and the views from the rooms over the falls won me over.

Was it a mistake? No!

From the minute you park the car the place is quality. The staff are charming, the decor is everything you want an African Bush Lodge to be. You half expect to bump into Clark Gable in the lounge!

The bedrooms are stunning each with its own balcony overlooking the falls and an outdoor tub and shower.

Meals are nicely pitched, not too fussy but great flavours and presentation, served in the atmospheric dining room or out on the terrace. (With gaslights and quite a lot of bugs!)

The game drives are a highlight, superb guides and superb scenery. Plenty of varied habitats. We hoped to have great wildlife encounters, but it was even better than that. Cheetahs, large prides of lions, baby giraffes..... I won't go on but it was brilliant, the best of the 5 reserves I have visited.

The sundowner drinks are the best I have had, off the back of the jeep as the sun sets its one of life's great experiences.

And when you return nice touches like warm towels and a hot bath run for you.

All in all I can't recommend Mkuze Falls highly enough, if I could afford it I would stay for a week every year.

This is a quality resort you should really try!

Thank you all at Mkuze, as someone in the hotel trade I take my hat off to you, its great.

All the best from the Malcolm's

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank MrMonTour
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2010

I'm really surprised at the one or two negative reviews that I've just seen as Mkuze Falls Lodge was in my view the most fantastic experience I've had on any holiday. Having been to a number of game reserves in the past (when we lived in SA) , I expected to see the odd lion in the distance, lots of impala and possibly a couple of elephants. The game drives absoluted blew us away! The guide knew just where to go and how close to get, With the exception of leopards, we had fantastic sightings of the other 4 of the big 5. The tented lodge had little in common with a tent and the food and service was great!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
Canberra
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Our South African son in law booked our trip. There were eight of us (all seasoned travellers) and we all agree that this was the best holiday/trip that we have ever had. My wife and I like some luxury in our accommodation and we love good service. We certantly got both at Mkuze. The game drives were so exciting and made more so by the knowledgeable staff, comfort, snacks, hot chocolate/coffee. I could write quite a lot of positive comments about Mkuze, however I think it best to just say that we will go back and considering that we live in eastern Australia, it is quite a trip (2 days) for us to get there, that is some recommendation..

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank survivorjeff
Johannesburg
Reviewed 2 April 2010

I must agree with all the POSITIVE remarks form other visitors, My wife and I were really spoiled by EVERYONE at MKuze Lodge. I cannot fault it in any way. There were a number of overseas visitors (from UK, USA and Germany) and they were all thoroughly impressed and swore that they were going to come back come hell or high weather! I was asked several questions about various places in South Africa especially the Kruger National Park. I told them that nowhere would one have such excellent close views of Lions and Elephants as in MkuzeFalls Game Reserve. Having been a keen birder for many years I was impressed with the bird life and also the knowledge of our guide, Jabulani.All in all a wonderful experience!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Leopard Mountain Safari Lodge
Leopard Walk Lodge
Leopard Walk Lodge
#8 of 33 in Hluhluwe

Been to Mkuze Falls Lodge? Share your experiences!