“An amazing zoo with many extras!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drusillas Park

Drusillas Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Berwick
More attraction details
Owner description: Widely regarded as the best small zoo in Europe Drusillas Park offers a fun finding-out day out. Brilliant play areas including, Go Wild! Go Bananas! and Amazon Adventure. Plus Thomas the Tank Engine and close encounters in Lemurland. It’s no ordinary zoo!
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An amazing zoo with many extras!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We visited drusillas park with my 3 year old as we had won a competition for a free family pass it was quite a way for us to drive but I'd say it was well worth it as we all had a lovely day out.

There are so many things to see at drusillas it's not just an average zoo, I found the zoo itself to be very educational as well as a great experience for children. There were so many different animals, minus the really large animald such as giraffes, they have pretty much everything including a great selection of monkey species and many ways for children to get involved such as milking the model cow and the zoolympics!

The Thomas train was a hit with my son as we're the fantastic play areas and hello kitty rides! The staff were a very friendly and enthusiastic with the children. The cafes were reasonably priced too, unlike some of the other bigger zoos and attractions

Would definitely recommend a visit here.

DEVON
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We visited Drusilla's on 9th July whilst on holiday in pagham (about 1 hour 15 mins away) well worth the travel though. We took our two small children (2&3 year olds) and I cannot rate this park highly enough. Lots to do for the whole day, fantastic play areas ideal for all ages.. Even adults! Park was clean, tidy, well laid out, great facilities. Starbucks coffee was a welcome sight! Indoor play areas fantastic, the rides outside where enjoyable and no queuing even though the park seemed fairly busy it was well managed. The animals looked well looked after and happy and the zoo trail was great. We went to paultons park peppa pig world at the end of the week and even though we had a fab time we actually preferred Drusilla's! Only think I think annoyed us is that the lockers retain your £1 every time you want to open it. Just would be nice for a park to offer something useful without always wanting money in return but I do know that most parks do this now. All in all well worth the money and car journey! Thank you Drusilla's!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice day out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Wife and myself decided to take my Children and Grandchild on a day here as a Birthday treat as he was two last week.
Bit Disappointed that a two year Child has to pay the full adult rate.
Entered the park first to see the animals which were kept in good conditions to view them close. Park was clean and staff friendly. Good play areas for children 5 to 12 years. Overall a good day out, beware the soft ice cream cones at £1.99 for a 99 will be the smallest ice creams you will ever see in your lifetime.

East Sussex, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Something for everyone - good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very enjoyable place to go - especially when you have a season ticket and can go often. Very educational with lots of fun ways of getting animal facts displayed. Good facilities for indoor play if needed and lots of food places.
I was a bit disappointed with the new Hello Kitty car ride - cute little cars and lovely garden around track, but steering wheels are fixed and have no movement, very frustrating for little ones who want to steer, Also the brakes for stopping are far too severe - they nearly catapult you out of the car, I'm sure they haven't market tested these points. Was also covered in horrible little black bugs while in that area - needs some pest control.
But aside from that everything else is great - especially the maze that is full of surprises.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank pbell80
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“What an amazing place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I hadn't heard of this place before we visited Hastings and were looking for day trips and activities. I'm so glad we went! It was wonderful, my 20-month-old son loved all the animals (especially the mechanical hens which tell you to wash your hands in the farmyard...) and was so excited to see Thomas the Tank Engine. We had a ride on Thomas and also on the rides in the Hello Kitty section. They are still doing a bit of work in this area but it is really good and nice that you don't have to pay extra for the rides so you can go on the little car three times if you want to (which we did). It was a hot day so we had a paddle in the Explorers pool to cool down and an ice cream, both of which we really enjoyed.

The price was very reasonable being a term time day but in general there was no feeling that they are trying to bleed you dry like in some places, so we didn't mind putting 50p in a little ride-on machine as we went round. We loved going into the lemur and bird enclosures, we didn't buy the nectar on offer as I think it would have been a bit overwhelming for our son to have all the birds crowd round, so we just watched (plus the woman in front of us got some bird droppings in her hair...)

All in all a fantastic day out for our toddler son and one we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves as well.

Visited June 2014