“Unexpected Treat”

The English Wine Centre
Ranked #3 of 3 things to do in Berwick
More attraction details
Owner description: With 140 varieties to choose from, there’s no better place to taste and buy English wine than in our dedicated shop, with our specialists on hand to help you make the perfect selection. We always have a bottle or two open for an impromptu tasting, but you can book a tutored wine tasting too – why not treat a friend or relative with one of our vouchers for a very original gift?
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I went with a friend on the spur of the moment.
The food was excellent , service friendly but professional.
We were guided in our choice of wine and it was outstanding.
We have been asked to a private function and I can't wait to take my husband.

1  Thank carolepepperswash

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Went to the English Wine Centre as part of a birthday treat, we popped in on the off chance they would have a table free. Colin who I believe is the owner was very friendly and approachable to my partner and I, and was on hand to give advice about wine.

When we came back for a meal in the evening the wine was fantastic, as was the meal. We had 3 different wines each and a 3 course meal all the food was very tasty and delicious. The service was good and Colin helped us pick out wine when we told him what we looking for. We were recommended a lovely bottle of sparkling wine to buy which was delicious, and with a bottle of wine, wine, and dinner it came to £100 which is a bargain considering how much we had. We didn't have wine glasses at our bnb next door so Colin said we could borrow some glasses and bring them back the next day.

All in all wine, service and food was excellent, and will definetly be visiting again. Only thing that would be nice as a suggestion is some soft music playing in the background in the dining area.

1  Thank samroz3
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My short visit was very informative and interesting. I hadn't realised that English winemakers are producing wines of this amazing complexity. Some sparkling wines compare favourably to well known products of the Champagne. I definitely will return.

Helmut Hostettler

1  Thank Helmut H
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Bought a dozen bottles of English wines for a dinner party. Very clean well laid out shop. Not busy so had time to look around. Each selection had hand written tasting notes (having these to take away would have got the five stars). Restaurant looked nice but did not dine. Will return.

1  Thank AlanBD
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stopped by for a lunch and what a delightful find! Really very pleasant surroundings, great choice of local foods, and interesting selection of unique wines.

1  Thank Idiciigh