“Not what it once was!”

Biggers Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Hardy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Eating at Biggers Bluff Steakhouse was on our list of favorite places to go in the Ozarks. Our first trip was in 2008 where Valerie (I think she was the owner) made us feel like the meal was being prepared exclusively for us. It was devine; an extraordinary experience in dining. Food, service, atmosphere - it was all perfection. We decided that this would be our annual place for an anniversary dinner. We returned in 2009 and Valerie recognized us and fawned over us like we were long lost relatives. Again, the food was incredible. We looked forward to 2010 all year long; likewise in 2011. We noticed that the food was mediocre in 2011 and when we ask for the owner, some new person said: "You're looking at her." When we asked what hadf happened to Valerie she stated: "Who knows? Besides, she didn't cook the food." I told her that it had been a mistake not retaining the old cook and she told us that there were many other places to eat and complain. Although we were very displeased with her attitude and the food, we decided to give our adopted tradition one last try in 2012. Believe me, it was definately our last. I don't think she recognized us, but she presented the same sour attitude when she spoke to a couple at the table next to ours. The man told her his wife could cook a better steak purchased from Wal-mart at a tenth the price. She stated, "I'll bet you complain at Wal-mart too." I have never eaten at such a high priced establishment with such rude treatment of guests. It might be diferent if the prices were adjusted in accordance with the food quality, the servce and the attitude, but the menu prices had risen by 30 percent in 5 years. Now, all I can say is, does anybody recommend a place where we can enjoy our 2013 aniversay dinner. It certainly will not be here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SRCasey

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I stayed at Biggers Bed N' Breakfast October 25-27, 2012 and had a wonderful experience. It was so peaceful and the scenery was absolutely amazing! The first night I was there it rained and the sight of the rain coming across the mountains as I dined was spectacular. The food was wonderful...one of the best steaks I have ever had. The service I received during my stay was excellent and the new managers, Joe Crawford and Michelle Comstock Tyler really went that extra mile to ensure that all needs were met. I plan to make Biggers a getaway place to visit for many years to come!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank C B
Reviewed 30 October 2012

A friend recommended Bigger's Bed and Breakfast as a great place to get a delicious steak. However, after taking me there to see where it was located, I knew immediately I had to go back for more than just a steak supper. My sister, friend, and I decided we would drive to Hardy this past weekend to see the fall colors and give Bigger's Bed and Breakfast a try. It was the greatest idea we have ever had. The view from any location at Bigger's is absolutely breath taking. Sitting on top of a mountain that overlooks the river is incredible. I believe they were full to capacity but the new managers Michelle Comstock Tyler and Joe Crawford made us feel as if we were the only people there. Having traveled a great deal before retiring I can honestly say I have never tasted food so delicious. It's cooked fresh right then when you order it. My sister and friend had steaks but I had the salmon on our first night. The second night I just wanted soup and salad with fresh bread. Regardless of whether you want a steak and a bottle of wine or soup and salad with a glass of fresh ice tea, you won't be disappointed. Their breakfast begins with their own unique yogurt that is packed full of fruit and granola. Everything after that is made to your request whether eggs,bacon, ham, sausage, gravy, french toast, etc. you will not be disappointed. Lastly, one thing that is very important to all of us and that is cleanliness. I was given a tour of every room before the weekend crowed arrived and every thing was as clean and sanitary as is possible and each and every room was decorated in a style to please any one. If you have never visited Hardy, Arkansas where you can also do one of my favorite past times, trout fishing, then I encourage you to make a weekend reservation and give them a try. I don't have to sell them you will find out for yourself. Just be prepared to be pampered because they also have a massage therapist to help you forget everything before you got there.

Room Tip: Check out their on-line site to see what each room looks like before making your reservation. Whethe...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We just returned from dinner at Biggers Restaurant this evening. Our waitress was pleasant and helpful. However, the same cannot be said for the manager. When one of the dinners ordered was not satisfactory and was returned, the waitress was respectful and offered to bring a replacement dinner. A few moments later, the manager came out to discuss the problem with us, holding the plate of food. She basically told us that there was nothing wrong with the food and even inferred that the person with the complaint wouldn't like anything else. I can honestly say that any other restaurant would have been apologetic and would have offered to make it right. This did NOT happen. Later, when the manager was asked about a changing area for our toddler, she simply replied that there was nothing and stared at us. We even apologized on our way out the door for sending the food back, trying to open a dialogue with her. Her response was more of the same: blame on us for not liking what they had to offer. It's quite sad that such a high-priced restaurant would have such terrible service for anyone with a problem. I seriously doubt that any from our party will return any time soon.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank DJKS10
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at Biggers twice... Once in the winter and once in the summer. Both stays were amazing. The rooms are beautiful, the scenery is unreal, and I hadn't experienced a pure solitude like that in a very long time. The steakhouse is fantastic... Very accommodating menu, well stocked bar, and one of the best steaks I've had in my life. My review would not be complete if I did not mention the wonderful staff and owners of Biggers B&B. Keith and Janet are amazing hosts... They are warm and welcoming, extremely accommodating, fun, friendly, and overall just downright good folks. Shannon and the rest of the staff were amazing as well. My experiences here were wonderful and I will be back to stay with them as much as I can.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Janet and Shannon were absolutley magnificent with planning my daughter's wedding. We had the ceremony & reception along with lodging for the groom's family members. Janet was helpful with all the arrangements. The food was superb and the venue was perfect for us. The accomadations were also remarkable as the wedding party could get ready on site and family members could relax while waiting for the wedding.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank DonnaNShaw
Reviewed 11 August 2012

My husband and I first visited Bigger's last year. I had been to a couple of other bed and breakfasts; therefore i expected a house with several rooms and very little privacy. However, I discovered that at Bigger's this was not the case. They have the main house, but they also have the bigger suites. We stayed in a suite.

The suite had a king size bed, jacuzzi tub, walk in shower, microwave, refrigerator and a view that made us feel as though we were the only two people on earth. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

I can't conclude this review without talking about the food. It was amazing. The steak was cooked perfectly and the seasoning was impeccable. The next morning for breakfast there was an assortment of beverages and we had stuffed french toast.

My husband and I have been back several times since that first visit. Bigger's has become our home away from home. Janet and Keith (the owners) have certainly found their calling. They are very hospitable and spoil us rotten. We have come to love them and consider them dear friends.

I love having a place to go to relax. It seems as though time actually stops at Bigger's and all the stress of everyday life just melts away. I can't wait until my next stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kerry S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hardy
Village Inn of Hardy
Frontier Motor Lodge
Frontier Motor Lodge
#2 of 4 in Hardy
Hardy's Spring River Lodge

Been to Biggers Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!