“Cool place to stay”

Travel Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hazen
“Cool place to stay”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

This is a very nice place to stay. Nice lobby, nice rooms, and very friendly and helpful staff. They made us feel very welcome. I have read other reviews and I don't really know why this place has negative reviews. We were traveling cross country and this was one of the more pleasant places we stayed. I would certainly stay here again. ------Teresa from PA

• Stayed December 2012
ansuya P, General Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
We here at Travel Inn Hazen would like to send our thanks to you for your kind review of our establishment. We are striving toward the goal of 100 % customer satisfaction. Our management staff and supporting staff are very proud to know that you enjoyed your stay and we invite you to come and see with us again soon. We look forward to serving our customers and value your business!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tullahoma, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel (and got their last room!) when driving cross-country and getting stuck in the big snowstorm that left over 200,000 people without electricity in much of the state..... so I was very grateful for it. No matter that the room wasn't "perfect" (missing light fixtures, erratic water flow)--the heater worked and the bed sheets were clean (although they need to invest in new pillow cases--the ones I had looked pretty worn), and the price was right. Also, the managers (Patty & Jack) were very nice and accommodating, the lobby is really interesting with all of the stuffed animals on display, their warm continental breakfast is fine, and the motel is situated right next to a picturesque little lake surrounded by a walking track...... so I would DEFINITELY stay there again on my next trip cross-country. I plan to stay there again before the year is out!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back face the little lake--but at the present time are usually rented by the constructi...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jennifer W
Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I was bringing my guy home for the holiday to meet the family, and wouldn't you know something happens, We were broke down on side the interstate only had the choice of two hotels. We asked at the truck stop which they would recommend and the lady suggested Travel Inn and to our suprise we felt at home the managers Patty and Jack was very helpful. The room was very clean. The tv are still box tvs but they did the job. The breakfast was so good from the homemade gravy biscuits sausage eggs danish cereal millk apple juice oj coffee and I am sure I'm leaving out something. Our stay was one for the books for a small town with a hotel that you felt more at home thaan you do when you visit family. So after our stay here I would reccomend travel inn to anyone, the lake with a walking track around it is a added plus.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Northampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 October 2012

The lobby was decent and the staff at the front desk were very nice and friendly. But, DO NOT stay here. The "non-smoking" room smells like stale cigarettes and raw sewage. This place is dirty, there are spiders and spiderwebs in the corners and don't even look in the corners on the floor. The bed did not have a blanket, just the nasty bed spread and a thin sheet. It also looks like people live here on a semi-permanent basis. Also, the door did not have the extra latch (looks like it had been removed). Overall a pretty creepy place. Not worth the price, save a buck somewhere else. Or better yet, find a Walmart and sleep in your car (it's bound to be more pleasant).

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Hazen hotels

Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This hotel is the worst one my family has ever stayed in. They do not know the meaning of clean. From the room to the towels, it was disgusting. They have people who live in the hotel and they party until early in the morning. Rude remarks were made to female guests that were extremely inappropriate. We did not feel safe at all. We were scheduled to stay two nights and got out of there after one night of no sleep.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vparboo
Reviewed 4 September 2011

For $70.00 you can get dirty sheets, un-emptied trashcans, light fixtures with no lightbulbs, dirty towels, and a staff with plenty of excuses but no solutions. We stopped for the night en route to Houston, TX, and couldn't leave fast enough.

• Stayed September 2011
Houston, TX
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My first impression was not very good for this hotel. In fact, I thought I heard dueling banjos as I walked up to the office.

There was truck parking everywhere. Several broken down vehicles were in the parking lot and they probably hadn't run in years. There was a delpidated storage shed right out front. The pool was empty, but they did not appear to be working on it.

Overall, I found it very creepy!

However, this place had its charms. It was conveniently located just of the freeway and it bordered a park with a nice trail around a scenic lake. The room also had an unusually large refrigerator.

The desk staff worked hard to make us happy.

The room was clean enough, but we had more problems than we should have. In fairness, the desk staff wanted to make our stay comfortable, and probably would have addressed our issues if we had asked.

Specifically, the bathroom door didn't work correctly and we kept getting locked inside! Also the sink drain was full of hair and wouldn't drain properly. I fixed the drain myself and we figured out how to get the door working.

Breakfast was OK, but I was very happy to see this place fading in my rear view mirror as I left in the morning!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank steverk1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazen
Days Inn & Suites Brinkley
Econo Lodge and Suites
#3 of 6 in Brinkley
Hampton Inn & Suites Lonoke
Holiday Inn Express Lonoke

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!