My husband and I stayed here for a few nights while in Arkansas to visit family.
The hotel itself is still brand new, very clean, and very inviting. The staff was very helpful, courteous, and friendly.
Our room had a king bed, a pull out couch, and a mini fridge which is always a huge plus for me. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were soft. The tv was very nice and I had no problems with reception as stated in some other reviews.
The bathroom was great, and the shower head was very nice. The only complaint I had about the bathroom was that the water pressure in our room wasn't great, but it didn't really bother me too much.
The free breakfast in the morning is good! Pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereal, pastries, juices, coffee. It would be nice to see more selection in the way of fruit. They only had bananas while I was there. The staff was excellent about keeping it well stocked.
The hotel is very close to both the lake and sugarloaf mountain. If you can make the hike to the top of sugarloaf, the view is gorgeous!
I only wondered why they didn't build the hotel to face sugarloaf so you could see it when you look out your bedroom window.
The restaurants around the hotel are pretty much all small town diners or fast food. There is the cutest frozen yogurt shop called "Freddie's" across the street from the hotel. You can pick from a huge assortment of frozen yogurt and toppings. It was a great treat after climbing.
The pool is small, but well maintained. If you're just looking for a place to cool off and soak in, it's perfect. And they have some sun bathing chairs and tables with umbrellas surrounding it which is nice.
Overall, this hotel is fabulous and I will definitely stay there again when I'm back I'm Arkansas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When staying at our new hotel in Heber Springs, enjoy a free, full hot breakfast before a day of fishing & boating on Little Red River & Greers Ferry Lake. Take the family for a day of hiking on Sugarloaf Mountain, and make your way to historic downtown Heber Springs to visit one of our many unique shops. Historic Spring Park hosts several local festivals and see the Trumpeter Swans. We are also a short drive from the Heber Springs Community Center, JFK Overlook Park, the Fish Hatchery, and the new Heber Springs Sports Complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Heber Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Heber Springs
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Heber Springs Hotel Heber Springs