“We look forward to returning to this motel yearly”

and 1 more site!
Lake Norfork Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Henderson B&B and Inns
conway
“We look forward to returning to this motel yearly”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

As me and my children stay at this motel yearly. I must say the new managment at the front desk is friendly and very helpful. The rooms have been redone and there is no smoking in the rooms. My children have a lot of fun in the pool. They also have new pillow top beds and very clean. As it gets closer to re-opening march 1st I drive by and see a lot of things getting ready for what we call our stay...I recommend this motel for your summer stay. Not every place is perfect but this place is great for all your family fun..and to watch the beautiful sunset from your room..I have read the reviews on here and please consider to try this motel again as it has improved 100% in the last 2 years.... we thank Pat and Dan for our exsperience at their hotel...look forward to seeing all the friendly faces this year....

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank mardrumh

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Metamora, Illinois
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed at the Inn a few times, and I must say, that place is so much better than the reviews say. Managers are just awesome, all the amenities are great. I will stay there again and again. Love the place. Great stay for a MidWest hotel. I plan on going there over and over again with these new managers that run the place. Friendly as all out! I was there on Memorial Day, and this Missy chick doesn't know what she is talking about. This is the only resort of this category on the lake. I love it, and will continue to go there over and over again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Dezuka
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2012

First off let me say that the lady named Linda at the front desk was very rude upon checkin and during our whole stay. She is the rudes person we have ever met at any resort or motel. There was also a older gentalman Bob who was also very rude and whan getting ice to put a thin layer on top of our full ice chest to keep our perishable cold over night said what you can not read the sign that says do not fill ice chest.
There were some good points and one was the lady the next day at the front desk was very pleasent her name was Tonya, and the only housekeeper that was polite and very helpful was named Michelle.
But overall I would not recommend or even suggest to my friends or anyone else to spend the time or money at this very unfriendly hotel. We will never return!!!

Room Tip: rooms are very hot even with ac as units are old and make lots of nosie. ceiling tiles falling down...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 30196Ray_L

Travellers are raving about these Henderson hotels

Mountain Home, Arkansas
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My family and I checked in to the Norfork Inn on FridayJuly 6, after a 3 hr drive , to find BED BUGS in both beds. My son pulled back the covers to find a full grown bed bug, and when we loooked underneath the mattress several small ones ran out! This was the most terrifying experience for us, as I ALWAYS check every Hotel that we visit before my stay. I just wanted to post our experience, in hopes of preventing anyone from carrying these home with them or experiencing the bites my sister had fom just sitting on the comforter for maby 3 minutes! Horrifying and Disgusting!! The staff at the front desk argued that they were just probably bugs from the lake .

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank horrifiedinar
lakenorfork, Front Office Manager at Lake Norfork Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
First of all we regret the negative experience had by our guest. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction, and take to heart all suggestions and problems that our guest make us aware of. Secondly, we had an exterminator come in after this experience and THEY ARE NOT BEDBUGS. They are a small beetle known as a "still" carpet beetle. We have fumigated the room. We have heard from the Arkansas Game and Commision that these drought like conditions have lead to many rodents and insects seeking water and shelter and are finding there way into more homes and businesses than usual.
Being in such close proximity to the lake we spray weekly to try and keep the mosquitoes and other biting flies away from our rooms. We are constantly renovating and appreciate positive critisism from our guests.
Belleville, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Excellent two night stay. Off season for most of the attractions around the area so not much going on. we had a group of 5 meet up at the Norfork Inn. The staff went out of there way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. We spent most of our day traveling and site seeing. When we returned to the Inn we were greeted and always asked if there was anything that they can do to help our stay be as pleasurable as possible. The rooms were clean and all amenities worked good. I will recommend your place to anyone wishing to visit Norfork.

Room Tip: clean and safe rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank BigBMW
Salem
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I've seen some very negative reviews and I do NOT share those same thoughts or experiences. My family is very large and we have an annual family reunion. We just found Lake Norfork Inn within the last few years and have been going there since. We love it and we find them very accomodating. They care quite a lot about people having a nice time while they visit and it is apparent in the replies to some of the negative experiences as well as a couple of the little fluke things that have happened with our own family. Nothing is ever going to be perfect or run 100% smoothly but I know for a fact that Lake Norfork Inn tries very hard and they are constantly remodeling and updating. As far as I'm concerned, you can't beat the prices and location, and the rooms are nice. I didn't find the beds uncomfortable at all. The pool and hot tub have been clean when we've been there and I can't wait to go back and visit the sauna that I just heard they put in (they have a facebook page and they give updates often). As far as the breakfast, it's continental, but it's good - there's a pretty good selection. We've had no complaints, but if you DO have a complaint about it, you can get a room with a kitchenette and prepare your own breakfast. Overall, I really have no complaints. I hope this is where my family always decides to hold our annual reunions.

Room Tip: If you have a larger family, they offer adjoining rooms as well as suites - you really should take a...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank dawnewood
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I HAD to stay here due to a work related conference. Whoever booked this hotel must have hoped to punish everyone. My room smelled bad, a combination of mold and old cigarette smoke. My carpet was visibly dirty from the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out (stayed for 3 nightmarish days) and was also worn to the point that I could see wood flooring in some places. My toilet was very, very dirty. Not stained, but dirty. Check out my pictures. One of the worst things was the INDOOR SMOKING AREA located right next to the breakfast buffet. REALLY??? Others on the same trip complained of the same problems with their room so I know this is not just me. Luckily, I read the other reviews for this place before staying here so I was equipped with Lysol.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank kheap052
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Ramada Mountain Home
#3 of 16 in Mountain Home
Days Inn Mountain Home
Days Inn Mountain Home
#4 of 16 in Mountain Home

Been to Lake Norfork Resort? Share your experiences!