“disappointed”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Hope
Hope, Arkansas
“disappointed”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I've got some friends staying there and I've been trying to reach them on the room phone for days.Apparantly, they have nobody working the front desk.I'm glad tis wasn't an emergency.Also,the pool hasn't opened all summer and i'm pretty sure it won't.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Stay: 2/2/13
I stayed at this hotel because she gave me a good rate for me and myself and my aunt in the same room. The room was clean and neat. Smelled like a bouquet of flowers. The only reasons I didn't give them 5 stars is:

The microwave didn't work.
The cable/satellite was not so great.
Not very good continental breakfast.

With that said, I will definitely stay there again. I didn't complain about the things that were wrong with the place because the pros outweighed the cons.

Tina, front desk manager, was awesome. VERY PERSONABLE!!
Keep up the good work Tina.

Your new buddy,
Christina Camp

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Very friendly upon check in & helped us a lot in direction and place to go around .. The property looks old but rooms are very neat and clean. Fridge and microwave in room are very convenient as I carry my medicine with me all the time. Defiantly will stay at this property again. Also, very appropriate price.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Service is rude, paint and wallpaper is peeling, sheets and towels look very used and dingy, the ceilings are caving in and has water damage. To top it off, the dont even get reception for all of the local television channels. The continental breakfast is honey buns, weak coffee and old cereal. This spot is a dump. Kind of sad because it has so much potential if it's ever in the right hands.

• Stayed October 2012

Travellers are raving about these Hope hotels

Cabot, Arkansas
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I am not one for reading or listening to reviews...but this is one where I wish I had read reviews. Wallpaper was peeling; had roaches and crickets in room; pillowcases were wrinkled and looked dirty/used; no remote control for tv; door not secure; we were told breakfast was from 6-9--went at 6:40 and doors were locked; called the number and the clerk answered the phone with his back to us. We told him we were outside and he just stood there. Told him he'd said breakfast was from 6-9--he hung up phone, unlocked door and proceeded to make coffee. Absolutely will not stay here again--will gladly pay more elsewhere if we have to.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Stayed there, started feeling something crawling on me, looked under the sheets a lot of bed bugs, scooped a bunch in a cup, took it to the front desk, they wouldn't give a refund so I poured the bed bugs in the cereal dispensers.

• Stayed November 2011
5 Thank Lorijoe86
texas
Reviewed 18 July 2011

it was fine the first day then a neighbors air stoped working and they wouldnt even look at it or fix it, they was very rude and nasty toward them and then us b/c we worked for the same company. they wouldnt let you stand outside your room with the door cracked to talk without calling and saying we needed to go back into our rooms and close our door. they was horrible and we will never stay there again. they are the most rude motel people we have ever delt with, they did not make our stay feel welcoming or safe!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business