Mountain Star Lodge and Hotel
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin(Bee Cave)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$168
Holiday Inn Express Lakeway(Lakeway)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$164
HIExpress.com
Lakeway Resort and Spa(Lakeway)(Great Value!)
US$186
Travelocity
US$210
US$179
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Austin/Oak Hill(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$160
US$144
Residence Inn
US$109
All reviewshill countrynice balconydowntown austinpool areacontinental breakfasta great staycereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 March 2011

We had 16 family members coming in for a reunion and birthday party for my sister who lives in Spicewood. We didn't want to spend a lot of money on lodging (Lakeway Inn) so we narrowed it down to the Mountain Star of the Hampton Inn based on location. Are we glad we chose Mountain Star! All the rooms have operable windows and balconies or patios. The beds were great and the baths very nice. We got a very reasonable group rate. Everyone was thrilled with the place. The staff was so nice and they had a nice gathering area in the lobby by the pool where we could hang out, enjoy the FREE and delicious hot breakfast and warm cookies in the afternoon, and even have a little evening get together. It was very Texas Hill Country with all the Texas stars and cowboy art. We just loved it. It had PERSONALITY....like nothing you find in a chain motel. Oh and it was super clean and smelled great and just had a comfortable and relaxed vibe. The pool was awesome and we hung out on the patio in the afternoons under the pergola. Our family couldn't believe what a great place it turned out to be. I cannot say enough nice things about our stay at Mountain Star. I would go back in a heartbeat. Our room had a GREAT balcony and view of the Balcones land preserve...you can see all the way to Mansfield Dam. We stayed 3 nights and it wasn't long enough. LOVE LOVE LOVE this place!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank robinreps
Reviewed 5 December 2010

My husband has stayed regularly at The beautiful Mountain Star Lodge for business over a 13 year time period...2 days a week usually. I would venture to guess that he is the guest with the oldest history with frequency of stays. As a corporate vice-president, he is particular about where he stays when away from home. I accompany him for leisure about once a month. The experience is a treat! I'm shocked over one time stay visitors comments. Don't believe! Just had to respond to various comments b others giving an erroneous impression of this charming place. Crickets are common at certain times in Texas and are considered "good luck!" New building projects with malls, restaurants, churches, and businesses have been rampant in the last few years which uproot the homes of scorpions who search for alternate spots. Quite honestly, over the entire time we've stayed at this scenic spot, we've not encountered any vermin...even with a nature preserve backing the premises...which offers spectacular views from the windows and balconies. Wonderful hiking to exercise and observe nature behind Mountain Star in the preserve. The place is quiet and tranquil and serene. There is NO bar next door as stated by one complainer. This is a false statement. There is actually a Christian Science Church next door whose church members are quiet and respectful, so no interruptions to guests. The only spot that has occasional music is a Mexican restaurant serving delicous entrees several doors down and that is only on some weekend nights. Recommend eating there for convenience and culinary delight...walking distance. The rooms are large and spacious with amenities, beds comfortable, and breakfast offerings varied and healthy. The manager, Beth, is friendly and accommodating to needs. Our grandchildren have stayed with us here twice and they love the swimming pool and food! I frankly am amazed that this secret gem is not sold out every night. It is our favorite spot to stay at and we're quite picky! Consider credibility of THIS review over a 13 year period of time, with stays averaging twice a week over one time stay prima donna whiners. I recommend to family and friends and co-workers. All that have stayed have felt equally pleased.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank ramjbarry
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Vicky was on duty when we arrived and was very friendly and wanted to be sure we enjoyed our stay. I call a couple of times and went to the office for something we forgot and she always had a smile and made me feel that I was not bothering her or keeping her from her other duties.

The manager was off, but one time while I was in the office she was there and I met her. She was very nice and was very friendly also.

We appricaated the size of the room. We were not crowded and had a comfortable large chair to watch TV.

Shopping was very close by and we hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank samhway
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I recently booked this hotel for my family to stay in for my mothers 90th birthday. We were so well received that I booked it again for a family reunion. All the guests were pleased with the accommodations. The staff was so friendly. It felt like home! There are several restaraunts nearby. The hot breakfast is great. The rooms are clean and large.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank reba8900
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I've stayed at this place each month for the past 2 1/2 years. I like the staff and the breakfast. The view is great. Everything is nearby. I enjoy the natural surroundings. I recommended to anyone who is planing on staying down the street for the same price but doesn't want a "prison-sized" room. -Alex

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business