Mountain Star Lodge and Hotel
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin(Bee Cave)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$192
US$168
Holiday Inn Express Lakeway(Lakeway)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$164
HIExpress.com
Lakeway Resort and Spa(Lakeway)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$204
US$179
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Austin/Oak Hill(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$160
US$144
Residence Inn
US$109
All reviewshill countrynice balconydowntown austinpool areacontinental breakfasta great staycereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The location in the hill country is great, and the prices compared to the bed and breakfasts and resorts nearby are cheap....but in this case unfortuately you get what you pay for. The decor is terrible, half the lights didn't work, one was visably pulled out of the cieling exposing wires, the ac worked but was REALLY hard to figure out as it seemed to be from the 1990's or earlier. The little patio is nice, but there is no real view. No flat screen, super cheap soap, rough discolored towels, need I go on? The breakfast was barely decent. We had to ask for eggs, milk and coffee as just about everything was out when we got down there. And it took FOREVER fopr him to restock. And the people working there were pleasant but not too eager to please. It was clean and affordable and seemingly safe, but not special. A bit of a let down. The picture makes it look awesome but really a motel 6 would have been about the same or even better in some cases.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank indigo_stargazer
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We just needed a place to crash after a wedding nearby. There aren't many lodging choices in this particular area and I hate driving in Austin traffic so we settled for this hotel. While not a chain hotel it reminded me of a mid to lower level chain. They were stingy with the towels which were barely thicker than a paper towel to begin with. There were several spots in the room that were in need of repair and unsightly. The view from our balcony had some potential but there was a huge tree blocking the majority of it, could be trimmed to improve. The bathroom walls were in major need of cleaning, I don't get grossed out easily but it was GROSS. Bed was ok and had a fridge in the room which was convenient but never found an ice machine. Breakfast wasn't bad for the price....haha. It wasn't a complete dump but definitely could use some cleaning and repairs.

Room Tip: You can walk straight to the pool from some of the first floor rooms but better chance at a view from the second floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank vacationtofish
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Went here during spring break for a baseball tournament and could not be more dissatisfied the staff is negligible and lazy and couldn't provide basic knowledge like whether or not the pool was open. The vending and ice machines are old and dirty looking. Also, the shower head in our room was broken and only sent out a tiny stream of water which was hardly warm even though the hotel was not very busy. Would not recommend the mountain star lodge to anyone.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Tylerjax99
Reviewed 9 March 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!! This was not my choice this hotel was chosen by Hotwire.com. I was in Austin for a basketball championship March 2014. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. My family and I were in room 118 first off the hotel is too far from the city center, secondly the room had falling fixtures, lights did not work, my cell chargers kept falling out of the electrical outlet, carpets are filthy and not to mention the very uncomfortable bed and the room smelled awful. I did not have a comfortable sleep the 2 nights we stayed. BUYER BEWARE OF ANY HOTEL THAT POSTS ONLY 2 PICTURES ON THE WEBSITE. To the owners please close until you can properly fix your property I felt really cheated out of my money this weekend. Failed the mention that the hotel clerk did not know she was located next to Kelly Paint Store when I called to ask for specific directions.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room at this hotel at all
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sharon F
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Do NOT stay here! We were in room 218 - upstairs, end of the building. There was NO light on the landing so couldn't even see our room. There were 3 people checking in - 2 sets of towels (a host at the office should have asked and provided an extra set). No TV (What?). No Elevator to second floor. Bed smelled like Deep Heat ointment. It was just BAD all the way around. I think it may have been nicer in the past, but there are MANY other nicer hotels (even motels) to stay in besides this. Very poor lighting in parking lot.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business