“Excellent staff”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I stayed here to be close to work in a snow storm and the staff at the front desk were wonderful. The phone was ringing constantly and people piling in the door but the staff stayed calm and courteous. The room was clean and warm. Just what I needed and at a fair price.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 August 2011

I stayed at the Econo Lodge in Jacksonville Arkansas in August of 2011. I travel and spend at least 75 nights a year in a hotel. From my experience Econo Lodge's are the lower grade hotels in the choice hotel chain. This Econo Lodge, however, had advantages over others I've stayed at.

When I arrived the front desk personnel was pleasant. The hotel looked as I had expected it to. Outside entrance, two stories and so on. My room had a heart shaped jacuzzi which was very surprising and also the hotel had an indoor pool. I haven't seen any Econo Lodges with either of these.

The room was what I would expect, water pressure in the shower was great. The shower head was right above my head and I'm short so I'm not sure that would work out too well for a taller person. The price was decent.

The location of the hotel is ideal. I felt safe there and there are restaurants nearby. Walmart is right down the street. The wireless internet was fast and worked well.

I do have a couple complaints though. First of all, I made my reservation weeks ago and they knew I was arriving. I believe I was the only person they placed on the second floor, I guess due to the fact I wanted a non-smoking room but my complaint is that the room was so terribly hot and even though I turned on the AC, the room never cooled down. They could have turned the AC on earlier that day but the front desk clerk mentioned that they didn't.

My biggest complaint however is the electrical outlets. When you plug something into them, the plug falls right out. I'm not sure what causes this, however I stayed at another hotel in this area two years ago and had the same exact problem. It seems like the walls are made of plaster or something and they appeared very "crumbly".

Over all, I'm not a very picky person so this hotel worked for me. However, if you are looking for a hotel that is average or better you might want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I was traveling with my children. We just needed a place to spend the night and have breakfast before striking out for Austin in the morning. The pool is big with shallow, wide steps for my 4 year old to play on. The room was clean but did smell like smoke. That wasn't a big deal to me.

What was more concerning was the fact that the door frame and door didn't line up correctly, so I couldn't fully engage the deadbolt. There was a chain lock.

You'll also want to keep in mind that you can hear quite a bit from the room next door, including the taps turning on and the toilet flushing.

The breakfast buffet offered choices of cereal, bagels, pastries, orange juice and coffee. The seating area was a nice size.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2010

The room had everything I needed.
I received excellent service.
This hotel was located next to Wal-Mart in jacksonville, Ar and was located near 5 restaurants and I was able to get enough food for my stay.
I liked everything about the hotel including the management.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2010

The service here is great. Its very clean and well taken care of.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2009

The indoor pool did not have any water in it. The receptionist did not have her mobile phone on vibrate, so it ringed continuously as she was checking us in. The hotel did not have any outside lighting by our room. So we basically had to walk thru a dark breeze-way to get to our room. There was also a sign in the parking lot that said the hotel was not responsible for our vehicles. The worst of it all was the fact that the beds were extremely hard.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2009

My boyfriend and i wanted to celebrate our 1 year annivesary out on the town, we had all intentions of having a great night, but of course it didn't turn out that way! Without going into detail our night out was terrible, so we just wanted to get some SLEEP!!!! I booked a single non-smoking room earlier that week on expedia, got a great rate! When we arrived the front desk clerk greeted us with such kindness, and checked us in swiftly (5 min. tops). The lobby was very clean and tidy. I noticed that there was a computer area for guests (we did not use it, but it was nice to know that it was available). Our room was very cozy and the bed was so comfortable. I placed a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door and slept through the night without a peep. The next morning we woke up and went down to the lobby for breakfast. The breakfast area was roomy and had plenty of room for me and my beau to eat in peace. There were several items available for us to choose from, such as muffins, bagels, doughnuts, milk and cereal, etc...... I liked that we had options. Overall our stay was very pleasant. The staff and maid service were very helpful. The area around the hotel was well-kept and maintained. I would recommend this hotel for anyone on a business or leisure trip.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Super 8 Jacksonville AR
Motel 6
Motel 6
#5 of 8 in Jacksonville
Hilton Garden Inn North Little Rock
Hilton Garden Inn North Little R...
#6 of 28 in North Little Rock
Americas Best Value Inn Jacksonville

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!