All reviews the main square very nice hotel beds breakfast fridge argentina tv
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I was on a group tour that was assigned a “standard” room on the ground floor fronting the street. So I paid extra for a mini-suite (the only other room available) on the second floor. It was worth it. Quoted cost for the upgrade was 500 pesos per night, but this went to 400 if I paid cash. (It is best not to use credit cards in Argentina, as they impose a surcharge up to 10%). I had Room 21 and loved it. It was twice the size of the standard room with a large bathroom including a jacuzzi tub and a separate shower. The king size bed was comfortable and had good lighting for reading. There were two-balconies and the receptionist brought me a table and chairs to use on the larger balcony.

The only problem I had was the sliding glass doors were very difficult to lock.

Breakfast was fine - but very little protein and the thinnest cheese and ham I have ever seen. There was fresh fruit and fresh juice, which was nice.

Men at reception were very helpful and understanding of the problems tourists have.

The wi-fi was excellent. It was supposedly only in the lobby, but my room had great reception.

I peeked into rooms 22 and 23 which are also mini-suites:
Room 22 has a larger balcony, but a smaller bathroom (tub and shower are one unit)
Room 23 has two balconies, but they are smaller.
Both rooms had kind size beds.

If you get a good quote on a mini-suite, it is well worth it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to one of the mini-suites on the second floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2013

we were 4 people touring Salta and stayed a night over in Cafayate @ Los Sauce Hotel. very nice & friendly staff. relaxing garden at the back & pool.few mins walk to the square. Breakfast not bad but can improve a bit more...Wifi connect excellent from the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I´ve been working in Cafayate. We stay at this hotel a group of 30 people. Clean, breakfast is not so good, Good service. If you could go to a superior room go to one of those, are much better than the others.

Estuve trabajando en cafayate , fuimos un grupo de unas 30 personas. Hotel Limpio, desayuno no muy bueno, Buen Servicio. Si pueden pasarse a una hab superior son mucho mejores que las comunes.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Nice hotel and well located. We were given a surperior room upstairs over the foyer with balcony overlooking the garden. Lovely garden and pool. The room was a strange L shape and very spacious but confused. Nice bed linen and bathroom. Very noisy from 7am cuttlery clanging and chairs being arranged for the breakfast sitting. Breakfast standard Argentinian fare - Mediolunas and cakes.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The location is great, and the room was comfortable enough for our one night stay, but it was a little bit cramped. The garden was also very lovely, but we didn't really have the time to enjoy it since we arrived so much later in the day than we had planned.

In my experience, the staff was not very friendly. I do speak Spanish (more or less) but after a very long day of driving, I was tired and struggling to come up with the right words, and the person behind the desk was not very patient or helpful.

Also... I was very confused about whether breakfast was included or not... I thought it was, but there was no mention of it when we checked in.

I hated the shower. There's no door so the water just goes everywhere. Apparently this is a problem the hotel knows about because there was something like a mop/squeegie in the bathroom. Weird.

Cafayate just struck me as the kind of place that has a lot of hotels and cute little B&Bs, and with so many choices and options, I don't think I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I saw on here that other people complained about noise. We had a garden view room and had no complaints about noise at all.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple