“Absolutely fantastic!”

Hostel Lo de Chichi
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Absolutely fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

There's nothing not to like about this hostel. It's right by the bus station, a block from the square, and the guys running it will do absolutely anything to help you out. Every night, someone staying at the hostel will offer to cook for the entire hostel, after which everyone will sit around the fire, and the guitar, drums and some of the most phenomenal voices I've ever heard will come alive.

Put simply, you'll stay for a few days and seriously consider staying for a month!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Miraflores, Lima, Peru
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

okay, apparently the location and the owner are really nice. our room was dirty though. especially my bed wasnt clean. i spotted few long hairs on the bed.... The ambience was good(even though we were the only foreigners there. 99% was argentinians. but somehow it was nice cuz they played guitar and danced..... i liked it very much) but, after two nights of staying we were covered by insect bites but we had no idea what those were. we thought they were mosquitos. but no, it was chinches, bedbugs, and they made the rest of my trip miserable... some hostels denied to take me in when i told them i might carry bedbugs with me(i had to be honest because i didn't want other travellers to go through same kind of situations)... 3 weeks have passed but still im in extreme pain caused by scratching. i'm heading to buenos aires earlier than i planned to go to hospital. i put all my stuff in the sun twice and did laundry few times but it didn't help. the hostel told me they fumigate the room but still, just so you know. we had suffered enough and i would never wanna risk to have bedbugs again. i loved everything else about the hostel. just the bedbugs were unforgivable....

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Nicole C
Chile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

If you are looking for an inexpensive place to lay your head but that is clean and safe with a beautiful view, I'd highly recommend Hostel Lo de Chichi. We are from the United States and stayed here in July with 15 secondary students plus us (two group leaders) and a tour guide. It was very cold outside. However, they started a bonfire for the students and talked with them for hours, helping them with their Spanish, gave us extra blankets and mini heaters and were extremely kind and hospitable. A magical place in the north of Argentina. Thank you for the great memories. Suerte

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

I was there: Hostel Lo de Chichi.
It was a magic moment for me and my girlfriend.
Awesome people, amazing new friends, incredible city and good price. I have no words to describe.
I would like to thanks a lot to Claudio, Tony, Nico.
I dont met Chichi, but in next time i will.
I traveled about 20 days in argentina and Cafayate with De lo chichi was the BEST part of all trip.
Highly Recomended !

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Chichi C, Owner at Hostel Lo de Chichi, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank you very much for your comment. Our goal is that people had a great time, enjoy our stay, people and music. Thanks again
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Cafayate is a weird place for backpackers, in certain times of the year, there is a wave of no-budget tourism and the things becomes hard for backpackers, but there is a place, a nice place called "lo de Chichi". The owners are well known in the town. They are really kind people although the hostel could be better in terms of beds quality. It is cheap, is well located, they help you with the activities that you can do all around and your stay there will be really funny. If the party is planned for the night, you can not be out of there, even if you are not a party guy!!! they are really funny and peacefull, jajaja. I spent there only 3 nights because I had bus tickets, otherwise, I could spend there more nights. Cafayate has a lot of things to do. Higly recomendable.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Chichi C, Owner at Hostel Lo de Chichi, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank you very much for your comment. Our goal is that people had a great time, enjoy our stay, people and music. Our desire is to improve day by day. We hope to see you again.Thanks