“A heavenly spot!”

Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Cafayate
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bodega Piattelli Cafayate is the newest of the two Piattelli wineries, with its sister winery located in Agrelo, Mendoza. This winery opened in 2013 and features exquisite architecture, attention to detail, beautiful gardens, careful presentation of historical monuments and a gravity-flow winery. The restaurant is open daily for lunch as well as by reservation for large groups for dinner and other special events. The menu features traditional cuisine with a gourmet approach, using only local produce, spices and meat. Piattelli produces a range of wines including Malbec, Torrontes, Cabernet, Tannat and more..
Reviewed 26 April 2014

When we arrived at Piatelli Winery, I remarked "This is just what we have been looking for!" What a wonderful location for a restaurant on the terrace of a beautiful winery in Cafayate. The lunch menu is just what you would expect, and everything we had was excellent. My one complaint was the number of flies. As soon as they saw our food, they dived into it, which definitely put a damper on our enjoyment of the lunch. In spite of my warning, do not let me put you off from eating here. It is just delightful.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,222)

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Very good experience having lunch in a beautiful place with amazing views of the Vineyard and the area. The food quality and service was really good!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Thanks to Piattell's for a wonderful lunch and great time. We sat out on the terrace with a view that is superb - vineyards, the huge valley below, mountains a wonderfully coloured rock.
The service was good, the wine, a reserva Torrontes was delicious and the food very good.
We will definitely visit again next year when we are here.
John and Arlene the owners, came and chatted with us and it thanks to their foresight and courage that this lovely place to eat lunch exists.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

The place is pretty nice. The wine was really good, however the red wine was way too cold. The meals (lamb and pork) were disappointing. Alltogether not that great compared to the reviews written here

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have visited the restaurant of Piatelli Winery in February 2014 during a wine business trip.
The restaurant has nice view to the vineyards. We had a fillet that was done as I asked and a nice grilled salmon. The food was very good.
I accompanied my fillet with a cap of malbec Gran Reserve that was excellent.
A little smoky, with gentle tannins and froutish though.
I would return.