“The Finest Gourmet Cuisine in Arkansas”
Review of James at the Mill Restaurant - CLOSED

James at the Mill Restaurant
Price range: US$13 - US$36
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Johnson Exit #69 off of Interstate 540
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Chef Miles James is one of the best chefs in the South. When you're in NW Arkansas, if you wwnt a very nice, special occasion dinner in an incredibly upscale atmosphere, make reservations here. We spent our anniversary here. It's prices are not for the faint of heart, but my wife and I ate for $40 (expect to spend much more if you have wine or additional courses.) Chef served all diners complimentary black caviar...very impressive given no other eating establishments in the region offer caviar. If you stay at the on site Inn, you will also receive complimentary wine and cheese paring with your suite cost. We had white wine with local goat cheese and reds with a creamy blue cheese-- excellent beginning to an over the top dinner experience.

1  Thank USHis2ryTeacher

Reviewed 17 March 2010

Hostess was very stand-offish while making our reservation (and she knew that we were guests at the Inn). Almost rude on arrival, as if in the company of my oldest son (17), we could not appreciate the culinary arts that they afford. Attitude was snobbish and dismissive - a complete contrast to that of our waitress. Our waitress was attentive - held back on our entrees as we savored our appetizers. She did not rush us and kindly offered a wine glass to return to our room as I had some bit of a bottle of wine left. For all the air "pomp & circumstance" that the hostess puts off, you would think that she would have requested that several of her diners remove their caps!

2  Thank Hillco57
Reviewed 10 May 2009

Go figure, Johnson Arkansas has this restaurant. Sell the house, hock the kids and head to Johnson for dinner. YOu will not be disapointed.

Reviewed 9 April 2009

While staying at the Inn at the Mill on business we had dinner at the James at the Mill. It was a pure delight! While sitting outside on the deck by the mill, we saw the chef come out to their own herb garden and cut fresh herbs, which clinched our decision to have dinner there that night. We were not disappointed! This restaurant could easily fit in in Manhattan or L.A.! The food was excellent, the waiter was pleasant and knowledgable and we were even visited at our table by the head chef/owner. What a treat! You have to have the dessert! The presentation and taste was astounding!

1  Thank angeesmith
Reviewed 4 October 2008

Very great food, yet overpowered by such horrible service. My girlfriend and I had a $200 meal and they added an 18% automatic gratuity even though the service was terrible. I informed the owner at the time and he did not seem to care. This ruined our evening and I warn everyone that I know. It took over 10 minutes for a waitress to come over to take our initial drink order, another 15 for thebottle of wine to arrive, and we had to refill ourselves. Our dricks ran our halfway through the meal, and the waitress ignored us until we flagged her down. Also, you have to order the appetizer, entree, and dessert at the same time, which I have never heard of. For not being that busy, and compared to all of the resuraunts worldwide that I have been to, this is the worst service.

2  Thank gaginde