“Colquey run their own show and don't care about the paying guests.”

Colque Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #18 of 44 Tours in Uyuni
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We booked a tour for my husband and I for 4 days. In that time we had 6 changes of vehicle and an attempt by them to change our itinerary to stay at a hotel owned by the company which would have meant an 8 hour drive the last day instead of splitting the travel. They did not provide photo stops unless you really forced the issue (ie opened the door) and the vehicles were second rate. (cloudy windows you could not see through, no seat belts and no help with getting luggage in and out of the car (6 times). One Colquey driver stole the mobile phone of a young traveller who we came across while she was walking on the salt flats and people confirmed he was seen with it and had sold it. The agency in San Pedro
told us totally incorrect things about the availability of Bolivianos. We had a guide who could speak English but was completely unbriefed by the company and really had no idea..which was not her fault. Nonetheless by being bolshy, sticking to our guns and not putting up with
Their attempts to defray costs we managed and saw some wonderful things.

6  Thank RovingTori

Reviewed 18 January 2012

I used Colque tours and yes they were cheap, in fact significantly cheaper than anyone else, and if I wanted better service I would have paid more?
The jeep we were in was very old but it did the job, the driver could speak NO English but to be honest were in foreign country so it is up to us to learn the language.
We saw 90% of what we had planned to do.
I would however like to add that my heart goes out to people that suffered immense harm whilst using this company I hope that Colque have learned from those errors and gave better service (like they did with me and my group)

1  Thank dilmx
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We booked a 3-day 2-night tour from San Pedro de Atacama, Chile, to Uyuni. Bolivia.
1 Bus to collect us, arrived nearly 1 hour late. 2 Bus did not collect all passengers and left 2 people to stagger to the border crossing by themselves (where they joined us). making a party of 12 in 2 Landcruisers 3 Driver in Bolivia who collected us from the border drank a lot, though did drive slowly and managed. 4 We arrived at the destination for the first day at 2:00 p.m. instead of 6:00 so had too much time hanging around (time goes slowly in the Bolivian mountains, believe me). 5 Second day, new driver, thank goodness, who was very professional and talkative - remarkable considering that he had driven all night to pick us up and could hardly stay awake to drive. 6 Third morning we were told that the Uynui Salt Flats had a lot of high water and that we needed to get into a bus instead of the Toyota Landcruisers we had been using. The bus was at least 40 years old, could hardly start, belched oily smoke, and had shot suspension. The story about the high water was total BS; Colque wanted the jeeps for another party. After arguing for 90 minutes another jeep miraculously appeared and we went in the bus and jeep. 7 Five of our group were supposed to go from Uyuni that evening back to San Pedro; they were told that they had to wait until the next day.
Having said all that, for US$140, can you complain? Bad food, poor accommodation, and drivers you cannot be sure of seem to be the norm for this neck of the woods.
I would advise anyone to take this trip, it is one of the most remarkable things you can do. With Colque tours, though? Please God, there must be better available.

2  Thank Tokyo-Thompson
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We have been traveling for one year and had our WORST experience with COLQUE TOUR on a 2 day trip from Uyuni to San pedro de atacama.
1) SAFETY issue: There are no safety belts in their 4X4. The driver was going too fast and crashed into a wall af ice destroying the front of the car, hopefully nobody was seriousely injured.
2) In the agency they lied to us on the price (hiding us we would have to pay national park fee), they lied on the departure time (2 hour late the first day and new departure time at 3 am in the morning the second day to travel to Chile, so we missed many beautifull landscapes.
3) the driver was rude: he refused to put the heater in the car when it was freezing outside. Then he lied pretending it was broken but it worked fine when I turned on the ventilation myself.
The driver was unprofessional: he lost the key of the refuge where we were supposed to have breakfast so that after waking up at 3 am we couldn't have something to eat before midday.
4)When we complained on arrival at san pedro agency they never apologised for all the problems and were really unpleasant and stubborn.

The trip is beautifull. Have fun and choose a better company.
Marie and Michael from Switzerland.

7  Thank michael7676
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Colque tours can be the cheapest one, but it is also the worst. The owner is a rude guy, they don't care about safety, the cars are old... well, I just do not reccomend at all. if you are going so far, think well and choose another one! And don't forget to ask for oxigen in your car, they are not used to offer it and my mother almost died in the mountains because of the altitude.

3  Thank JuBrasilian