“Very helpful for your visit.”

Hotel Malokamazonas
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Leticia
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Francisco, the owner of Hotel Malokamazonas, has a B&B attitude. He goes beyond providing a good room with breakfast; he also helps to plan your activities and to make necessary arrangements. If you allow him, you can retire for the evening knowing what time you will need to have breakfast, who will pick you up or where you must walk, and what clothing and precautions you must take. This service certainly makes life easier and we saw nearly everything we wished to see with different agendas each of the six days we were in Leticia. Let Francisco and Hotel Malokamazonas make your Leticia stay memorable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 July 2012

It's a nice, family runned hotel located in a beautiful little city at the heart of the Amazon. The hotel is clean, nice and it's decorated in a traditional way giving you the feeling that you are in the Amazon without feeling uncomfortable. It has all amenities, good beds, big bathrooms in each room and everything you wish for.

The price is also good and the hotel manager helps you organizing day-tours if you wish. He takes cares of absolute everything and makes sure you get nice restaurants to eat dinner after a long day of exploring the amazon jungle outside the city.

Everyday you get a really good breakfast prepared with care and good food, we never got sick or anything, they make sure the water and everything is clean. It was a good experience and we will definitely come back some day in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karina C
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I'm currently working in Bogota, originally from the US and my mom came down for a visit and a tour of Colombia. We met up in Leticia and stayed at Malokamazonas. I was really pleased by the whole experience. The hotel is clean, airy, and overflowing with plant life, just what I expected of a hotel in the Amazon. Francisco, the owner, is a huge help and set us up with some great day tours, as we only had two full days in Leticia. The breakfast is delicious, as well! The hotel is in a good location, quieter than many of the others, I expect, and close to everything you need! I would definitely come back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kazza1231
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This is the best place to stay in Leticia! The owners take good care of their guests and go out of their way to make sure all goes smoothly. They are incredibly good people. It was my first time to Leticia and I was extremely Impressed at how clean and well maintained the property is. I would stay there again without question and hope to return with my kids. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to this part of the world.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2012

The owner, Francisco, met my daughters and me at the airport--a huge comfort when traveling in an unfamiliar place. He provided recommendations for our week-long stay, which included a kayak trip through a nearby jungle area, a day hike into the Peruvian jungle and a three-day stay and tours in and around Puerto Narino. He helped us confirm transportation arrangements for all our trips and was extremely helpful in every way.

The hotel itself was a bed and breakfast situated a couple blocks from "downtown." Be forewarned that it is not air conditioned, and there is no hot water, but I'm pretty sure that's the norm, not the exception, in Leticia. There were overhead and floor fans, which cooled things down plenty for sleep, and the water was cool, not cold, so it felt fine after hiking through the jungle in the sweltering heat and humidity. The beautifully prepared home-cooked breakfasts, which were served in a dining room that opened to a lovely courtyard, included various egg dishes and indigenous fruits.

The four of us shared two large connected rooms with one bathroom and a porch with two hammocks. All were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane C
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Just returned from my first time staying at Malokamazonas. I chose
this place solely on the reviews found on trip advisor.
Learned first-hand why reviews are so consistently positive.
It all stems from the owners. They designed the open layout and natural setting theme themselves and now work diligently for your safety, comfort and satisfaction.
Wonderful hosts, (friends now), that are more than willing to offer their very good ideas for in and around the area. If Francisco or Paola dont know, they know someone that does.
The perfect balance of helpful yet casual.
Fabulous breakfast in their courtyard jungle setting, and
furthermore, there are no similar alternative options in Leticia.
Thanks Pacho......

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank carlo m
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Stayed at this hotel with my girlfriend in May this year and our experience was great in all dimensions. Francisco and Paola were very friendly and helpful in organizing our activities in Leticia. We went on the Decamaron trip up and down the Amazons for one day (we only had a long weekend). Other than that we crossed the border to Brazil and Perú (Brazil is more fun from my point of view).

It's a nice room with a bed and bathroom with shower, nothing fancy but perfectly good considering that you are in the middle of the jungle.

Thanks for the nice stay, would definitely come back I were going back to Leticia.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple