“Awesome”

Hotel Malokamazonas
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Leticia
“Awesome”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

What a great experience , you think you gonna find bugs or animals just because you are visiting the amazonas but no here ,the hostel is amazing, good stuff, clean, tasty food and great service . Close to Brazil and to the different tours . Thx

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Alejandro G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Blyth, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2014

A group of us stayed several days. Breakfast was great. Wifi included. And when one of our party took sick one day he was well looked after, above and beyond. Personal service capitol P. Will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
New Brighton, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The rooms have concrete floors, when the trees release their coconut sized fruit on the metal roof it makes an impressive noise and you run across an occasional bug(it's the Amazon).
I gave this place 5 stars because of the peaceful courtyard, spacious room, good breakfast(included in the price) and mostly the couple who ran the place. From picking us up at the airport, to setting up an English speaking guide for our tours, to being genuinely concerned about the quality of our stay, they were great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Francisco and Paula are the operators. They have made this lovely bed and breakfast into a location you can feel at home. They are always ready with a smile and a willing attitude to do anything their guests need. This is not an experience like a chain hotel, this is an experience of having friends in Leticia and staying at home with them.

Room Tip: Not having air-conditioning turns out to not be a problem. The room fans were very sufficient and h...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank McIndyWayne
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 10 January 2014

In 2010 when I visited Leticia for the first time, I stayed in the Malokamazonas hotel, a place highly recommended to me a friend. Already back then I knew that if I ever travelled back to Leticia again, I would only stay in the Malokamazonas hotel. This place has charmed me by its beauty and harmony and its owners, Francisco and Paola, by their kindness and wisdom! When I came back to Colombia this year again, Francisco and Paola would help me to organize my trip from scratch. They are such an amazing loving couple and they share a great knowledge about the Amazon, its indigenous peoples and their cultures! They have become my Colombian parents and the Hotel Malokamazonas is now my second home. I will endlessly come back there every time I am in Colombia because it is one of the most beautiful and kind places I know! You cannot miss it out when you visit LETICIA! Safe travels, everybody!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Hi, I am from India. I stayed in this beautiful hotel in the month of December 2013. This hotel is amazing in its interior designing and ambience. the hotel manager and his wife are so friendly and you will fell like you are in your home rather than in hotel !! They served special (Leticia) food and it was so tasty !! Had a memorable experience...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed here for three nights on a visit to Leticia.

Our experience began perfectly with Francisco picking us up at the airport. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were brought fresh juice served in the garden courtyard. A great beginning.

The room was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was good sized and had a large shower. Wifi was excellent.

A very nice breakfast was served each morning in the courtyard at a time we selected. Fresh fruit, fresh juice, granola, eggs, fresh bread, and coffee. Delicious.

The hotel is just a short walk from the city center and there are many restaurants and bars to choose from. Brazil is only a six block walk from the hotel if you have the need to visit another country to cross it off of your list.

We had Francisco and Paola (our hosts at the hotel) help with booking a couple trips on the Amazon. My Spanish language skills are very poor (English only for me) so they helped us get an English speaking guide. They were also able to help us modify one of the trips so we could do a little fishing.

This was my first time in this part of the world and had many questions for our hosts. They were always very helpful and provided good advice.

I would really like to return some day for more adventures.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends