“Trip cancelled & not informed”
Review of Aquarium Adventures - CLOSED

Aquarium Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Daysailing, diving & snorkeling trips aboard our luxury 45' catamaran Two if by Sea. Visit the Islands, snorkel the pristine reefs and dive the amazing coral walls & caves. Open all-year, not just in the Whale-watching season. Great boat, great food and a truly memorable day out. Call us on +676 8771053.The Ultimate day-sail $150 Divers $200 Long term charters available, make Two if by Sea your home base in Vava'u.PADI Dive boat #s-22237 2 dive instructors on board.
Auckland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Trip cancelled & not informed”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I contacted Stu at Two if by sea and booked for June/July 2012, after being impressed by the Tripadvisor reviews. The email communication was great & they appeared accommodating & we were very excited. I expressed my concern that our days may be usurped by someone who wanted to charter the boat for the whole week - however was reassured that this would not happen & my booking was confirmed & solid. I contacted the company again last month - just to reaffirm everything was still on schedule. I was however, very upset & angry to have a response to say that they were not going to stay in Tonga after all but return to the States. They obviously were not planning to let us know - and I only found out by incidently by emailing them. We had planned our holiday around the 5 days we had booked on this boat - so would have been very disappointed to get there & be left in the lurch. I have since had to find alternative plans for those days. Would not trust this company.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank DeeAuckland

Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The most awesome experience you can have in Tonga !”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My review is way overdue...so sorry Stu and Fran, but I guess you get caught up in time consuming stuff when you are travelling long time. But better late than never..

I was in Vava'u, Tonga in september for 2 weeks, and the word of Stu & Fran's sailing and diving trip had already come to my knowledge before reaching Vava'u. I got them recommended from several people, both in Tongatapu and Ha'apai. So my first step was to go to cafe Aquarium to ask for them, as soon as I arrived in Vava'u. And MAN did I make the right choice ! Not only is the boat AMAZING !! Stu & Fran became my friends, and their lovely lovely dog Bits my pet. It was such a wonderful day that word can't descripe it. You might be paying a little bit more for the trip than chosing one of the divecenters, but the value for money is just a thousand times higher ! AND in addition to 2 dives, you also get a full day of sailing around the beautiful islands as well as a DELICIOUS lunch. And the company is just not comparable. Oh, and everything on the boat is included (diving equipment -if you are diving and/or snorkling, softdrinks, cookies, lunch, water even sundowner ad libitum on the way back), AND the boat has 2 (!!) bathrooms and lovely hot water (the water of Tonga gets a bit chilly in whale season so you will appreciate a hot shower after diving).

I was invited in as family and I even got a whole list of contact names for yacht operators (potential employers) in the Carribean (since Stu & Fran has been living/working there for many years).

I can't recommend Stu & Fran high enough. EVERYONE loves them -and I doubt they will ever get a bad review. If they ever do, there must be something seriously wrong with that person ;)

I have already sent a couple of friends of mine in Stu & Frans direction. I only hope that Stu & Fran will still be there, since I know they head to Fiji for Christmas (when it is off season in Tonga anyway).
So guys, keep your eyes and ears open for a sweedish couple named Susanna and Mats. They live in New Zealand at the moment and will be heading to Tonga (Ha'apai and Vava'u) for holiday in about a weeks time. I think they will be in Vava'u around November 22nd or so.

Thanks again guys for making my stay in Vava'u awesome ! I will definitely look you up if I come back. Hope you will still be there :)

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Stine_Nilsson
Neiafu, Tonga
“Going Yachting with family and friends”
Reviewed 6 November 2011

My daughter and her family, friends from the States, and my husband and I went on the yacht, 'Two if by Sea' with Stu and Fran as our Captains. We left port mid morning on a very beautiful day. We hit a couple of islands and we able to snorkel and swim. On our way home we stopped at Swallows Cave and again were able to snorkel and swim. Fran made us a great lunch with plenty of water and colas to drink throughout the day. While heading back, she made us some coffee and tea. We were home before dark. The yacht is very clean and well run. Stu and Fran are wonderful and friendly Captains. There were 5 kids with us and they all had a great time---it was a very kid friendly environment. I would recommend 'Two if by Sea' to anyone and everyone.

Visited October 2011
Neiafu, Vava'u, Tonga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Question...How would you feel about us moving in with you guys?”
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We had THE MOST wonderful day on Two if By Sea! This is Tonga, so of course the weather was awesome. It was so nice to have a swim then get back on the boat and rinse in fresh water...relax on the bean bags and drink a cup of coffee. Stu and Fran are amazing with kids (of course as a parent, that's a good thing!) In fact, I think my kids may like them more than me now. Stu gave them turns driving, that made their day! Fran took time with them, explaining how things work and making them feel very special. I really, REALLY apprciate that!
We can't wait to do it again!
Blair, David and Munchkins

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Blair H
Dunedin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great day I wouldn't miss another opportunity to sail with them”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We had the best day sailing with Stu & Fran, The weather was brilliant and the day was the most relaxing and enjoyable of our whole trip. I think it even topped whale watching. Fran cooked a delicious meal which we ate beside a beautiful island, we snorkelled and even got to go in a couple of caves - mariners was awesome bit scary swimming into it but definately a highlight of the day. We especially loved the drinks we had as we were anchored in a small bay watching the sunset. Best value for money! Would definately go out on there boat again if we get the chance. You wont regret doing this trip.

Visited September 2011