“just an update on President Coolidge” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aquamarine Dive Center

Aquamarine Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive the SS President Coolidge with Aquamarine. We are the most qualified dive operator guiding the SS President Coolidge with guides ranging from 6 years to 25 years experience.
adelaide
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“just an update on President Coolidge”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Last year Oct we went back to Santo to dive the Coolidge for the 70yr anniverary Our group dived with Rehan who looked after us So many divers have asked me how the wreck is going My first trip was 1980 and have been back many many times This last trip was a real shock as I was cruising down past no2 hold and said where the hell is the BRIDGE It has slipped off on landed on the bottom now all the fist class cabins are exposed The poor old wreck is gradually falling apart but still a fabulous dive if you havnt seen her before

Visited January 2013
1 Thank neville g

Helsinki, Finland
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“The best diving in Vanuatu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Aquamarine is the best choice if you're looking for a professional, reliable and still easy-going dive-shop to go and dive President Coolidge in Espiritu Santo and enjoy your time in the island. Rehan who runs the place loves diving and knows what experienced divers are looking for. The diveguides are fantastic and the groups are very small, only one or two divers per guide when I was there.

And the wreck... it is simply amazing. So many things to see and reasons to penetrate it. I have been diving 2nd WW wrecks in Coron Bay and Truck-atoll after diving in Vanuatu, but Coolidge has still been my best wreck diving ever. You can look for the artefacts from the luxury-cruiser era WW II as well as the marine life that is turning it into their home for 70 years now.

Well... and since everyone is diving the wreck. The reefs are truly pristine! I'll never forget the dives we made exploring some new reef sites in Santo.

Visited January 2013
South Florida, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent diving and guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

The President Coolidge did not disappoint and Dave was a wonderful dive guide. I was on the dive mentioned by Casey below where one diver ran out of gas (not me though!!).

I'll make Casey famous in the pic I added here :)

I live in Florida but I'll find a reason to back here to see the rest of this wreck.

Visited November 2013
Southport, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Dive Shop. No hassles.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I walked off the Carnival Spirit on Saturday the 30th of November. We did not book anything prior and walked into the shop at 930am. We were greeted by Rehan who runs the shop who was friendly, informative and very helpful. We had missed the dive boat but he was able to fit us in for two shore dives, including the coolidge.

All hired equipment was in good condition and Rehan was our dive guide. Both sites were incredible - easily the two best dives of my life (so far). We were transferred by van to both sites and dropped back at the ship at the end of day. I felt very safe and can't wait to come back and dive again!

I would wholeheartedly recommend this dive shop to anyone in Santo or wanting to dive the coolidge - it also the only dive shop with shore access to the coolidge so you can skip the boat ride.

Visited November 2013
Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great dives, scheduling could be better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

For the most part, my dives at Aquamarine were fantastic. The equipment was good, the guides were excellent, and the dives themselves were simply amazing. Rehan (owner) was very responsive by email for my booking request.

I had booked a 2 dive trip, 1 to the Coolidge and 1 to Million Dollar Point -- I came in on the cruise ship that was in port that day. I was with a ship guest, who is another diver I had met previously, who was planning the same dives, and had booked well in advance, and 3 others who wanted to snorkel Million Dollar Point. After we were picked up, we were joined by 3 other divers from the cruise ship (that we did not know) who had walked to the shop that day.

The first dive (Coolidge) was great!! Even though the 2 of the 3 new divers ran out of air rather early, it was taken care of and we were able to make a leisurely ascent. The one problem started when the three new divers (who we did not know) wanted to stay at the Coolidge for their second dive; the 5 in our diving/snorkeling group wanted to go to Million Dollar Point. After much discussion; we were dropped off at Million Dollar Point and told to "wait" for our next tanks, which took almost 2 hours.

The guides were great, knowledgeable, and nice; maybe a little too nice... In accomodating the new divers, they made our experience much longer than it should have been and prevented us from seeing other parts of Luganville before we had to reboard. Should maybe bring all tanks needed for 2 dives at the same time rather than making us wait.

But beyond that, anytime I come back to Luganville, I will dive with Aquamarine. Would love to dive the rest of the Coolidge with them.

Visited December 2013