My partner and i travelled to Santo with intention of finally getting engaged. We booked our accomodation well in advance with an offer over the internet. We were anticipating a fantastic stay at a boutique resort (NOT Lope Lope).
Upon arrival we were greeted with a credit card form instead of a smile or introduction and immediately thought 'Oh no!' We endured our wind swept 8 night stay at our 'boutique resort' only because we had met such fantastic people down the road at Lope Lope. We enjoyed our time spent at Lope Lope so much that we postponed our flights just to stay there for three nights.
The moment we arrived at Lope we could not believe that we had only travelled a short distance from our 'boutique resort', we were greeted with a smile and kindness by the staff and management who instantly started organizing all the activities that our 'boutique resort' manager seemed to be resistant in doing so. We rode the on location horses at Lope from the lodge past a blue hole and then out on the sand bank out the front of the Lodge(a fantastic experience even for a first timer), went on fishing charters and island hopping with Island Fishing Santo - filled with much insight into true Santo life with Fabrice. Not to mention the amazing millenium cave tour we experieced with the new tour guide company set up by a local family...an unforgettable day!!
Through Lope Lope we were blessed by meeting more and more wonderful people who we grew very fond of. The accomodation was complete water front accomodation in a beautiful roomy bungalow over looking the sand banks and crystal clear waters, complete with a spacious bathroom and a to die for out door shower set in your own private tropical garden. Lope Lope has the best of both worlds, there is somewhere to socialize and get to know the other guests, staff and regulars, play pool, watch rugby,recover at the bar after a fun filled day, fill your belly or let your hair down and dance your butt off, OR, you can wonder off to your bungalow and forget the world and just relax.
On the last day of our stay we were whisked off to Ais or Aese island where my partner finally popped the question, all organized through Lope Lope and Island Fishing Santo- and yes it was everything and more than we anticipated!
There is a whole community of people that we grew to love at Lope Lope who went out of their way to make everything perfect for our engagement, they really made up for the terrible accomodation we had endured before we got to Lope. The worst part of the trip was leaving this magical place and such beautiful people. The best thing our 'boutique resort' did for us was send us down the road looking for Megan at Lope Lope Lodge.
Thankyou to everyone at Lope for making our engagement and our whole Santo holiday more than we could have dreamt of...I WILL DEFINATELY BE BACK!!
Thanks again to management Megan, Colin and Ritana xo
We are still beaming a week later!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lope Lope Lodge is Santo's finest new absolute waterfront resort boasting probably one of the best locations on the island. It is a lodge built to 5-star quality standards with the same reflected in our accommodation, service, food, drinks and activities - without the price tag! Situated 15 mins from the international airport and only 11 km out of town on the newly tar sealed East Coast road, we have fast become one the most popular places in Santo to visit, whether staying with us or not. Set on 8.5 Hectares of lush tropical forest, a natural blue hole and an ice cold fresh water creek forms our northern boundary, whilst the warm crystal clear, aquamarine colored Pacific Ocean meets our white sandy beaches with nothing more than a soothing sound that is bound to lull you to sleep in your luxury bungalow...The Slipway Sports Bar & Grill combination of natural & modern design, the Slipway Sports Bar & Grill is well known for its variety of drinks and food, and has fast become the "Place to be in Santo," since our opening in April 2010. Offering free pool tables and darts on our mezzanine level, live big screen TV, free internet and comfortable couches to relax away the day. Our Accommodation design mixture of Modern and Melanesian, our upmarket bungalows are absolute waterfront with most top class amenities and finishes that will make you feel at home, especially when stepping off the deck onto your own white sandy private beach! Our 132 square meter luxury bungalows are one of a kind and designed to meet your highest expectation without losing the true island style feeling you can enjoy while staying with us! All bungalows are built to 5-star quality with a unique feeling of living in your own home - but in paradise & right on a tropical Pacific beach...* Private entrance* Thatch deck, hammock, 4 seat settee* Spacious open plan design* King Size bed (or a twin King Single)* iPod dock* HD TV* A comfortable 3-seat lounge set, Laptop desk, Walk through wardrobe* Bar fridge* Laptop safe* Twin vanities* Luxury Bath* Outside shower in tropical garden. All linen, towels & beach towels are provided. Your room is made up every day & full service every third day!Activities We offer a wide variety of activities with, horse riding trails, Hobie cat sailing, kayaks, game fishing, island hopping, sightseeing, cultural tours, blue holes etc... All at your fingertips! Lope Lope is truly "The Place to be in Vanuatu!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Lope Lope Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lope Lope Adventure Hotel Espiritu Santo
- Lope Lope Lodge Vanuatu/Espiritu Santo