Lope Lope was our answered prayer. We had booked at Ratua Private Island and decided that after spending 5 mins there that the Island was not for us. Late at night with little reception or Internet functions we sent an SOS txt to friend back home for help in finding accommodation in Santo for the 3 nights that we had left on out honeymoon. All 4 of them came back with Lope Lope. After some txt communication with the manager in the morning ( On her DAY OFF mind you) we were able to secure a room and transfers all at short notice. Thank you Donna, you saved our honeymoon.
After what was a pretty stressful experience getting to Lope Lope was a god sent. The staff are amazing, the food devine, the Of your coconut buckets lethal, and the view breathtaking.
Lope Lope is situated about a 15-20 drive out of town on a sealed road. The resort has 4 bunglows that have their own private entrance and private beach. I cried when we saw our rooms, as this was what we thought we were booking at Ratua. It was everything we could have hoped for and so so so much more.
The room was MASSIVE with a beautiful big living room. The king bed looks out to the ocean which is beautiful to wake up to. There is so much storage space for all your things. A safe and access to Wifi etc. The bathroom is also massive with a lovely bathroom and amazing outdoor shower. The best part is that the rooms at 100% mossie free!! BONUS!!
The deck out the front of the room leads straight onto you private beach. My husband and I took great delight in sitting of an evening and watching the crabs fight for territory. We called it crab hour and we laugh about it all the time.
Breakfast is given to you the night before and consists of toast, jams, spreads, OJ, Milk, coffee and fresh fruit with you can eat in your room and then if you choose hot brekkie is served in the bar from 10am. The girls will bring it in at night while you are at dinner and Susan ( house keeper) will come and tidy it all up for you in the morning. Thanks Susan :)
Bisend, Julie, Chrissy and Jenina ( the lovely and ever helpful bar staff) will help you organise and tours or transfer that you may wish to do. And im our cases most of the time at short notice. I MASSIVE thankyou to Beesy for all your help organinsg our Champagne beach tour, and our diving tour. You are truly amazing and you made our holiday so special. Something that we will never forget.
The Slipway inn is a local nightspot on Friday which goes off with Ex pats. Quite the place to be.
We loved the food that we ate. The kitchen staff were amazing. Thanks to the chef Rocky and cooks Lilian, Albertine and Lucy for the amazing food. Im pretty sure this is where I may have picked up the sneaky 5kgs I put on :)
Massive thanks to Megan for the amazing horse riding experience. Megan took me on a wonderful horse ride up the mountain and through the forest and onto the beach right in front of our room. Was unforgettable. Megan is such a lovely and warm person that we found ourselves chit chatting like old school buddies in no time! The horses live on the property and are allowed to roam around at will. On our very last day as we were laying in bed watching the sun rise they all ran past and played in the water in front of room, and we were in awe of the beautiful place that we were very privileged to have stayed.
The Team at Lope Lope certainly made Chris and I feel extremely welcome and nothing was EVER an trouble at all. We had the most amazing time and really felt that when we said goodbye that we were saying good by to family. We will absolutely be back.. and maybe next time with a little bambino ( beesy - that should make you laugh :))
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lope Lope Lodge is Santo's finest new absolute waterfront resort boasting probably one of the best locations on the island. It is a lodge built to 5-star quality standards with the same reflected in our accommodation, service, food, drinks and activities - without the price tag! Situated 15 mins from the international airport and only 11 km out of town on the newly tar sealed East Coast road, we have fast become one the most popular places in Santo to visit, whether staying with us or not. Set on 8.5 Hectares of lush tropical forest, a natural blue hole and an ice cold fresh water creek forms our northern boundary, whilst the warm crystal clear, aquamarine colored Pacific Ocean meets our white sandy beaches with nothing more than a soothing sound that is bound to lull you to sleep in your luxury bungalow...The Slipway Sports Bar & Grill combination of natural & modern design, the Slipway Sports Bar & Grill is well known for its variety of drinks and food, and has fast become the "Place to be in Santo," since our opening in April 2010. Offering free pool tables and darts on our mezzanine level, live big screen TV, free internet and comfortable couches to relax away the day. Our Accommodation design mixture of Modern and Melanesian, our upmarket bungalows are absolute waterfront with most top class amenities and finishes that will make you feel at home, especially when stepping off the deck onto your own white sandy private beach! Our 132 square meter luxury bungalows are one of a kind and designed to meet your highest expectation without losing the true island style feeling you can enjoy while staying with us! All bungalows are built to 5-star quality with a unique feeling of living in your own home - but in paradise & right on a tropical Pacific beach...* Private entrance* Thatch deck, hammock, 4 seat settee* Spacious open plan design* King Size bed (or a twin King Single)* iPod dock* HD TV* A comfortable 3-seat lounge set, Laptop desk, Walk through wardrobe* Bar fridge* Laptop safe* Twin vanities* Luxury Bath* Outside shower in tropical garden. All linen, towels & beach towels are provided. Your room is made up every day & full service every third day!Activities We offer a wide variety of activities with, horse riding trails, Hobie cat sailing, kayaks, game fishing, island hopping, sightseeing, cultural tours, blue holes etc... All at your fingertips! Lope Lope is truly "The Place to be in Vanuatu!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Lope Lope Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lope Lope Adventure Hotel Espiritu Santo
- Lope Lope Lodge Vanuatu/Espiritu Santo