Five days at Bokissa in July 2013. From Brisbane it's a brief flight and you're on the island about an hour after landing - an easy transit. The island itself is great. The beach is lovely, the setting quiet and the reef just off the beach is a real bonus. You can walk or paddle around the island in an hour if you feel like some exercise, or relax out front of your room or by the pool. I would describe the rooms (fares) as tired and in need of basic maintenance. The central area is OK, although limited if the weather drives you inside. Food is best described as home cooking - nothing flash, but plenty of it. Included breakfast is basic - a hot breakfast is available at extra cost. This is certainly not a place to go if you are looking for a luxury resort or the special treatment. The local staff were friendly, although not as attentive as some may want. The owners were aloof - approaching rude at times - though I don't think this intentional. Prices for drinks was OK. AU$5 for a local beer, AU$25-40 for wine on a very modest wine list. Activities such as fishing, scuba-diving, massages and the Malo river trip are an extra cost. I thought the Malo trip was good, however at around AU$80 excessively priced given the kayaks and lunch would have been included on the island anyway! If you're after a casual island experience in Vanuata Bokissa is an option providing you have modest expectations of the standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bokissa Private Island Resort is a 30 minute fast boat ride from Luganville which is the main town in Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu. Bokissa is 16 absolute beachfront bungalows on a beautiful island of 175 acres of pristine beaches and tropical rainforest. Walk out of your bungalow onto the sand and into the water - straight off the beach snorkelling and just 10-20 minutes from world famous wreck and reef diving. Bokissa's tariff includes return airport transfers and all meals during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Bokissa Private Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bokissa Eco Island Hotel Espiritu Santo
- Bokissa Eco Island Santo
- Bokissa Private Island Resort Vanuatu/Espiritu Santo