My husband and I were in Bokissa in March 2014. It was everything we hoped it would be! There was one other couple staying there, which was actually a blast. We became fast friends and spent time together at meals and happy hour, on the Malo River Trip, etc, but during the day my partner and I pretty much kept to ourselves, reading, swimming, snorkeling and playing darts and pool in the bar/restaurant on the one rainy day we had. It feels like your own private beach.
At the beginning of each day you choose lunch and dinner from a menu, the selection is usually a choice of meat or fish. Lunch is at noon, dinner at 7pm, but don’t worry about getting hungry in between because the portions are big and the food is excellent. The bar always seemed to be open, so you can get a cocktail whenever you please, and at about 5:30pm they’d bring a snack out for the guests.
There are a lot of staff members on the island. They always seem to be working at a busy but fun pace, they’re always quick to smile, and friendly and warm when you want to chat.
Dave and Jan the owners were lovely and really treated us like their guests. At my husband's request, they had a fire pit set up for us on the beach (a great evening activity). When we walked back to our fare on the last night, we could see that they already had the fire lit for us. The island walk, Malo River Trip and kava tasting are a must.
Bokissa is not an extravagant island, but a small piece of paradise in a tropical setting with clean, bright and comfortable accommodations and facilities. It's probably the most beautiful place I've ever seen. You have the freedom to do whatever you want, whenever you want and will come home feeling rested and relaxed. I can not wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bokissa Private Island Resort is a 30 minute fast boat ride from Luganville which is the main town in Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu. Bokissa is 16 absolute beachfront bungalows on a beautiful island of 175 acres of pristine beaches and tropical rainforest. Walk out of your bungalow onto the sand and into the water - straight off the beach snorkelling and just 10-20 minutes from world famous wreck and reef diving. Bokissa's tariff includes return airport transfers and all meals during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Bokissa Private Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bokissa Eco Island Hotel Espiritu Santo
- Bokissa Eco Island Santo
- Bokissa Private Island Resort Vanuatu/Espiritu Santo