Wow, what an awesome little find this place was ! A great island paradise with plenty of time to relax, unwind and enjoy the sunshine and crystal clear water. My wife and I went to Bokissa last week for our 26th wedding anniversary and thoroughly enjoyed our 5 night get away.
The food was superb and plentiful, especially the 2 nights we enjoyed lobster for dinner. We also had a private dinner on the jetty to celebrate our anniversary which was a great treat!
Like others have stated, a day trip to Malo river is a must, kayaking up the river to the blue hole for a swim and then bbq lunch on a secluded beach, doesn't get much better than that. On the way back we snorkelled and were luck enough to see 5 sea turtles, a sting ray and reef shark.
The snorkelling overall at Bokissa was excellent with great coral and colourful fish.
The staff are very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. A special shout out to Alan, Jonah, Brian and Skippy for their excellent service and looking after us. Also thanks again Skippy for bringing the coconut crab in for us to view :)
The last couple of days we were visited by a couple of Dugongs who made their way in close which was great to see.
Overall a very memorable experience, highly recommended and we met some great people while we were away who we enjoyed having breakfast, lunch and dinner with each day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bokissa Private Island Resort is a 30 minute fast boat ride from Luganville which is the main town in Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu. Bokissa is 16 absolute beachfront bungalows on a beautiful island of 175 acres of pristine beaches and tropical rainforest. Walk out of your bungalow onto the sand and into the water - straight off the beach snorkelling and just 10-20 minutes from world famous wreck and reef diving. Bokissa's tariff includes return airport transfers and all meals during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Bokissa Private Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bokissa Eco Island Hotel Espiritu Santo
- Bokissa Eco Island Santo
- Bokissa Private Island Resort Vanuatu/Espiritu Santo