We have just returned from an amazing honeymoon at Bokissa Island Resort. It was everything we wanted in a honeymoon and a great break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
We spent 5 nights there, and would have loved to stay longer but we opted for 5 nights so that we could have direct flights from Brisbane to Santo with Air Vanuatu. This cut down the travelling time considerably and meant we weren't exhausted when we got there and when we got home. I would definitely recommend this over stop overs in Port Vila which all the other guests had to do.
Our room (fare) was very comfortable - not flash, but clean and had everything we needed, and plenty of space. We had number 11 - I would recommend asking for an odd number so that you are in the front row.
The food was amazing, plentiful and delicious, special mention must be made of the Lobster Mornay and the Steak. We enjoyed eating with the other guests - there was 10 at most and 2 at least while we were there. This meant we could share stories of what we'd been doing and we also learnt a lot more about the Island.
The staff were so friendly and helpful, nothing ever was any trouble. I can't thank them all enough.
The snorkelling was just fantastic, and the best bit was all you had to do was walk out of your room and 10 meters to the waters edge and off you go. We saw amazing coral, beautiful fish, turtles, a reef shark and a moray eel!
Loved the Malu River day trip, the kayaking up the river was magical.
I would definitely recommend Bokissa to all of my friends and family. Don't go expecting 5 star facilities, go expecting to be comfortable, relaxed and ready to enjoy everything that is available to you there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bokissa Private Island Resort is a 30 minute fast boat ride from Luganville which is the main town in Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu. Bokissa is 16 absolute beachfront bungalows on a beautiful island of 175 acres of pristine beaches and tropical rainforest. Walk out of your bungalow onto the sand and into the water - straight off the beach snorkelling and just 10-20 minutes from world famous wreck and reef diving. Bokissa's tariff includes return airport transfers and all meals during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Bokissa Private Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bokissa Eco Island Hotel Espiritu Santo
- Bokissa Eco Island Santo
- Bokissa Private Island Resort Vanuatu/Espiritu Santo