Some tips for travelling to Lonnoc, firstly would be to take more insect repellent (tropical strength) than you may think, and use it, they have recently had outbreaks of Dengy fever at Port Vla and Luganville. It is an idea to take a couple of led torches as one might leave the restaurant earlier than the other and it saves searching if you need the bathroom in the middle of the night. I always take my own unopened bottle of wine in my luggage (NOT in carry on luggage), $10 bottle from Dan Murphys is so much cheaper than duty free. for snacks I take muffins and biscuits as they have a long use by and are also allowed through customs, not cheese because it is not permitted, we found about 8 items on the menu but they sometimes run short so you might end up with 4 choices. and be forgiving...some staff are still learning from the hospitality school, average meal about 1600 Vt or $17 at Lonnoc we paid as we went and had no trouble with prices. Take your own shampoo etc, this is not supplied dont leave your soap out, it may get eaten and bring spare towels for the beach and goggles, good for fish watching. We got our driver to stop at the local supermarket for bottled water, (you dont want the trots) and our driver from Lonnoc didnt mind at all. The hot water supplied in the two bungalows haven't been working and wont be working for a long long time, there isnt enough pressure for them to work. If you dont expect much, (inside is really rough),like roughing it in a tent campsite but on a beautiful beach with friendly hospitality and you wont be disappointed, the cross flow through the big louvre windows makes this a better choice than their opposition down the road, its a bit hotter and more humid than the Gold Coast Australia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the beautiful North-East coast of Santo and surrounded by acres of rain forest, Lonnoc Beach Bungalows are a retreat into paradise. Whether you wish to relax on our perfect white beaches, snorkel reefs or tour local sites, Lonnoc will be a hard place to leave.- Voted 'Vanuatu's Best Island Bungalow' in 2007- Canoeing, snorkeling, turtle spotting- Tours to blue holes, villages, family farms and cultural activities- Restaurant and Bar overlooking beach- 6 Ocean View Bungalows; 2 Family Bungalows, 1 Dormitory, plus 2 Seafront Bungalows including a new Honeymoon Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Lonnoc Beach Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lonnoc Beach Bungalows Hotel Espiritu Santo
- Lonnoc Beach Bungalows Vanuatu/Espiritu Santo