“Fun Staff, Fun Zip Lines, So Glad we Bought the Photos”
Review of Colinas del Poas

Colinas del Poas
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Fraijanes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a center for adventure, team training and mountain recreation in harmony with nature that offers visitors an enjoyable, rewarding and memorable experience. We are located in the center of Costa Rica, just 30 minutes from Juan Santa Maria International Airport in the province of Alajuela. On the slopes of Poas one of the world's most beautiful volcanoes, the hills glow with life and energy creating unique landscapes that attract families, friends and organizations who want to breath in the nature and spirit of the mountain.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun Staff, Fun Zip Lines, So Glad we Bought the Photos”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I was a little leery of this place at first - pristine manicured lawn, low zip lines...looked too much like a company team building retreat. I wanted rugged adventure and thrills.
The zip lines here were very great and offered super views and good thrills. I'm actually glad they started us on a lower zipline...I was a little scared pushing off the first platform, but got the hang of it in no time. We were above the canopy by the third or fourth platform.
The best though, is the quarter mile ride at the end of the zipline tour! So much fun.
Afterwards, my boyfriend and I grabbed a drink and strolled around the pristine manicured gardens - looking at the flowers, spotting birds, chasing lizards.
There is so much this place has to offer besides zip line. I def recommend it to anyone, especially families with kiddos.

Oh! And the photos. I usually do not by photos, but my boyfriend had already said yes to getting photos before I could speak up (thank goodness he beat me out on this decision). The photos were great and will be an amazing reminder of the experience. Not only that, they come with pictures of flora and fauna in the area...much better than we captured. So if you are on the fence about buying the pictures...I say go for it :)

Visited November 2013
1 Thank jennmill

Washougal, WA United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Enjoyed Costa Rica's Independence Day at this venue”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This attraction is out of the way and has a great setting. Rolling hills, a lake, Canopy Zip Lines, fishing, hiking, canoes, and a super dining experience. The food was superb and the service was efficient and friendly. Lovely view from the dining hall of the surroundings.

Visited September 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“This place is amazing”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My first time in this place. I passed by and stopped to eat lunch with a group of 8 people. Actually they were very helpfull and accomodating. The food was very good, abundant and with plenty of options; most of the people in the group were vegetarian and there were good options for them. But most of all, what I liked the most is the place, which is trully beautiful. Many companies go there to do team building and adventure activities on the mist of Poas Volcano Skirts.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank TravelBatours
Miami
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“GREAT for families!!!”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

The zip line, the lake with the canoes, the fishing the installations, the grounds, the weather, the views, the food all better than expected. Yes a little expensive but what price can you put on family time. 110 percent worth the trip and beyond expectations. Please do not miss out. I have lived here for 4 years and this was my first time. Going back next Sunday.

Visited January 2013
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Experience!!!”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

The canopy experience was amazinggg!!!!! The guide was also very helpful! He even stop in the trails and pick up an spider to show it to us!!! :D We will go back soon!

Visited November 2012