“Rank”
Review of Green House Hotel

Green House Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Suez
Green House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Suez B&B and Inns
england
“Rank”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Used this hotel as a base for a day and gladly didnt have to stop the night!
I was pestered from the minute I walked in the place, they were after money for nothing and cigarettes. Very aggressive. The one and only bell boy was sent with another persons cases and I was told that I must wait for him as I would not be able to find my room alone. After a long days travel I didnt want to wait and asked repeatedly for my key but was told no. After some time I eventually lost my rag and demanded the key. The room was seconds away but this way the bell boy would be unable to pump me for cash and cigarettes.

The room itself was about the worst I have ever stayed in. Truly filthy, big balls of hair and fluff and food stuck to the carpets around the skirting boards and behind doors.
The bathroom was barely functional and filthy also.
The AC in the room was turned off when I arrived and I understand why, when turning it on, the noise was unbelievable. I had to use the AC in short bursts to cool the room then turn it off again for my own sanity!!

Didnt dare eat, which would cause problems for anybody staying for any amount of time.

When checking out, the man demanded cash only. I pointed out the sign on the wall showing Visa/Mastercard etc he then told me that the machine was not working.
At this point I suggested that he better give it a whirl anyway as it was the only way he was getting payment from me. Funnily enough, it worked! Dont get bullied off these aggressive and corrupt staff.

All in all, One of the worst places I have ever stayed, and I've stayed in a lot!

Room Tip: Stay out of Suez
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank richie03

Families
Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
weymouth
Reviewed 10 February 2012

we were in suez city for nearly 3 weeks we were booked into the green house hotel we walked through the door to check in and were greeted by red coated bell boys who immeadiatly stood as gaurd dog over your luggage..and you got the impression that any one who touched them would get thier hands bitten off...owners included. We were shown our rooms which were very basic and very noisy the hotel is situated on the main route thru town so you have to put up with traffic noise up until around 1.am and this is quite considerable taking into account the egyptian drivers love affair with the horn...thats the one fitted to the car (in case you were wondering) the showers had no water pressure and the water from the tap was a disgusting brown colour..... Oh yes and the pool is not in service because the filteration pump is broken......anyway the writing was on the wall for this hotel so we paid off the hotel staff mafia with the obligitory inflated tip which they would quite readily remind you that you owed it to them for "GOOD SERVICE" even if you didnt have any. We went to check out the other hotels in the town and it soon became apparent that this was the best we were going to get...so it was bite the bullet stay were we were put and get on with the job we were there for and get out of the place..when we came to pay the bill they told us they didnt accept amex but they did accept mastercard so we tried to pay with the mastercard only to be told that there was somthing also wrong with this card...i phoned the card issuer and was told that the retailer was not following the correct procedure and that there was no problem with the card this i coveyed to the receptionist who could not comprehend what i was saying to him..and i had an interpetor ..so I had to find a cash machine and draw it out cash with the card they told me i had a problem with I of course had no problem in drawing the cash..anyways were now getting out of the dump...but before we left they asked me if i would like to give them my laptop and my colleague was pestered thru-out the stay with requests for his ion bracelet....... the heating /air con units dont work properly the place is full of beggars another colleague had a large sum of money stolen although the hotel managment did treat it seriously the cash was never recovered...I must say that I feel I,am being generous when giving one star and describing this hotel as horrible.

Room Tip: dont go there if you are unfortunate enough to have to go to suez city...find somewhere out of town
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank patfatty

Travellers are raving about these Suez hotels

somewhere over the rainbow
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Stayed one night in December 2011, and ate at the resturant (Lunch and Breakfast).

Food quality - cooked meat dishes nice, but breakfast terrible and the scrambled eggs cooked for me made me sick within seconds of eating them.

Room - basic but filthy carpets (they dont vacum the carpets behind the doors) and the bath/shower was very very grimey and needs a good scrub. Water in the shower was hot and the beds were clean. TV worked and only English langauge channels was a movie channel and BBc news.

Staff were friendly but waiter who delivered a single bottle of water demand a tip, but that is the state of Egypt now, with the breakdown of the economy.

Unless neccessary, next time I would continue my trip to Cairo where there is a better selection of clean hotels.

Room Tip: Away from the front as drivers toot their horns all night.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jayramble
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I cant believe someone gave this 1 star it must be the worst hotel Ive ever stayed in, Be very careful
Thats all i will say !!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank steveSuk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suez
Sinaway Lagoon Hotel & Spa
Dome Marina Hotel & Resort Ain Soukhna
Jaz Little Venice Golf Resort
Stella Di Mare Sea Club Hotel, Ain Sukhna
Stella Di Mare Golf Hotel, Ain Sukhna
Stella di Mare Grand Hotel
Stella di Mare Grand Hotel
#6 of 26 in Ain Sukhna

Been to Green House Hotel? Share your experiences!