“Fantastically good”
Review of Green House Hotel

Green House Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Suez
Green House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Suez B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 July 2013

From the moment we drove up to the main entrance we were meet by the bell boy so helpful and didn't want a tip.

Then as we went inside I was struck back by the lovely smell of orthentic Egyptain cook coming from the kitchen. Which dident disappoint when I had chicken and chips Lebanese fantastic.

We had a lovely room over looking the suez cannel with breath taking views, the room was of a high standerd and Very well matained of what I expect from a 3 star hotel would recommend this hotel if you do really want to try a proper Egyptain hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Jayc5949
There are newer reviews for Green House Hotel

Reviewed 4 June 2013

There is no fire detection system or sprinkler system.
The food is not safe to eat and is fingered by the staff and has flies landing on it.
The rooms (I saw 5 different rooms) are all filthy, even the bed sheets had stains and hairs in them.
The balcony doors have no locks.
There is an army APC parked outside (which is probably a good thing)
There are often power cuts.
TV channels available include BBC World News, RAI, Deutsche Welle.
The air conditioning does not work in every room.
The porters aggressively seek tips for carrying your bags.
Brown water comes out the tap.
There are minibar fridges but there is nothing in them.
The "bar" on the ground floor serves Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Water and not much else.
The free wireless internet only worked for 25% of the time I was there (2 days) and when it did work it was even slower than dial-up.
If you must stay here I recommend that you bring your own food and kettle.
The swimming pool stinks and I wouldn't get in it.

Room Tip: From speaking to fellow travellers all the rooms are equally dirty and the more expensive rooms have...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GlobalCitizen1337
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

If possible avoid to go in Green house hotel Suez. I believe is one of the worst hotel of the world. Extremely dirty .The service is very poor and the food is terrible. Do not go there, otherwise you will spend very bad time.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank master230161
Reviewed 4 August 2012

As a business trip to Suez(from Japan), there are olly 3 hotels in Suez: Red Sea Hotel, Summer Palace Hotel, and Green House.
I can't speak Arabic but can speak English well. However, Any staff can't speak English well and they are all ridiculous.

At first, it has a really poor internet connection(Especially my iPhone). as other reviewers said, and they never try to improve it.
There are 2 connections: one can be used in each room, but you cannot keep it running for enough. My iphone cannot keep running even 1 minute.
The other one can be used at lobby area, this is better but you shall see many mosquitos.

The restaurant has no air condition, and gives us poor meal every morning and night, sometimes diarrhea.
Even if you order something to eat by room service, they cannot hear what you say by phone because of their poor abilitiy of English and you will get wrong order.

On holiday, usually I use the sign of DO NOT DISTURB because I stay in my room.
HOWEVER, UNBELIEVABLY, the cleaning staff knock the door many times. and when I opened the door, he change the sign by himself to PLEASE MAKE UP THE ROOM.
IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!!!!
Furthermore, when I ignored his knocks, he opened the door with his key.
IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL!!!!!!
I cannot understand Egyptian mind of service.
Bellman or receiption staff is always rude and don't give any service too.

When go outside, there are always 1 or 2 children to talk to us, to get money from us.
We ignore but they keep following us, it's so disgusting. I always feel like hitting them strongly.

Definitely it's the worst hotel I have ever visited in my life, 11 countries.
But it seems that this hotel is the best hotel in Suez. Therefore, if you need to stay in Suez for a long period, you should choose hotel in other place, like a resort hotel area. It takes 1 hour to get to the center of Suez, but you shouldn't stay any hotel in Suez.

Room Tip: Room of main street side is very noisy at night.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Bunnnn
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel when on business and couldn't believe the state of it. The staff were always on the take wanting money each you spoke to them for doing job. The swimming pool wasn't working which was probably a blessing judging by the state of the rest of the hotel. I had a room over looking the main road and it seemed as if i was sleeping in the road it was so noisy. The internet connection was poor throughout the hotel. The bathroom was a disgrace with broken sharp tiles around the bath and brown water out of the taps. The floors appeared like they hadn't been swept or hovered since the hotel was built. The gardens were derelict with a few tables and chairs and just big areas of dirt with the odd tuft of grass. The food was edible but nothing to get excited over. This hotel makes Faulty Towers seem 5 star. I scored this hotel 1 as there was no option for a 0 score.

Room Tip: top tip would be stay somewhere else but if you do have to stay here get a room away from the road.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank busterbrown089
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Used this hotel as a base for a day and gladly didnt have to stop the night!
I was pestered from the minute I walked in the place, they were after money for nothing and cigarettes. Very aggressive. The one and only bell boy was sent with another persons cases and I was told that I must wait for him as I would not be able to find my room alone. After a long days travel I didnt want to wait and asked repeatedly for my key but was told no. After some time I eventually lost my rag and demanded the key. The room was seconds away but this way the bell boy would be unable to pump me for cash and cigarettes.

The room itself was about the worst I have ever stayed in. Truly filthy, big balls of hair and fluff and food stuck to the carpets around the skirting boards and behind doors.
The bathroom was barely functional and filthy also.
The AC in the room was turned off when I arrived and I understand why, when turning it on, the noise was unbelievable. I had to use the AC in short bursts to cool the room then turn it off again for my own sanity!!

Didnt dare eat, which would cause problems for anybody staying for any amount of time.

When checking out, the man demanded cash only. I pointed out the sign on the wall showing Visa/Mastercard etc he then told me that the machine was not working.
At this point I suggested that he better give it a whirl anyway as it was the only way he was getting payment from me. Funnily enough, it worked! Dont get bullied off these aggressive and corrupt staff.

All in all, One of the worst places I have ever stayed, and I've stayed in a lot!

Room Tip: Stay out of Suez
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank richie03
Reviewed 10 February 2012

we were in suez city for nearly 3 weeks we were booked into the green house hotel we walked through the door to check in and were greeted by red coated bell boys who immeadiatly stood as gaurd dog over your luggage..and you got the impression that any one who touched them would get thier hands bitten off...owners included. We were shown our rooms which were very basic and very noisy the hotel is situated on the main route thru town so you have to put up with traffic noise up until around 1.am and this is quite considerable taking into account the egyptian drivers love affair with the horn...thats the one fitted to the car (in case you were wondering) the showers had no water pressure and the water from the tap was a disgusting brown colour..... Oh yes and the pool is not in service because the filteration pump is broken......anyway the writing was on the wall for this hotel so we paid off the hotel staff mafia with the obligitory inflated tip which they would quite readily remind you that you owed it to them for "GOOD SERVICE" even if you didnt have any. We went to check out the other hotels in the town and it soon became apparent that this was the best we were going to get...so it was bite the bullet stay were we were put and get on with the job we were there for and get out of the place..when we came to pay the bill they told us they didnt accept amex but they did accept mastercard so we tried to pay with the mastercard only to be told that there was somthing also wrong with this card...i phoned the card issuer and was told that the retailer was not following the correct procedure and that there was no problem with the card this i coveyed to the receptionist who could not comprehend what i was saying to him..and i had an interpetor ..so I had to find a cash machine and draw it out cash with the card they told me i had a problem with I of course had no problem in drawing the cash..anyways were now getting out of the dump...but before we left they asked me if i would like to give them my laptop and my colleague was pestered thru-out the stay with requests for his ion bracelet....... the heating /air con units dont work properly the place is full of beggars another colleague had a large sum of money stolen although the hotel managment did treat it seriously the cash was never recovered...I must say that I feel I,am being generous when giving one star and describing this hotel as horrible.

Room Tip: dont go there if you are unfortunate enough to have to go to suez city...find somewhere out of town
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank patfatty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suez
Sinaway Lagoon Hotel & Spa
Dome Marina Hotel & Resort Ain Soukhna
Jaz Little Venice Golf Resort
Stella Di Mare Sea Club Hotel, Ain Sukhna
Stella Di Mare Golf Hotel, Ain Sukhna
Stella di Mare Grand Hotel
Stella di Mare Grand Hotel
#8 of 26 in Ain Sukhna

Been to Green House Hotel? Share your experiences!