“Homecoming weekend for ASU”

Comfort Suites Jonesboro
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
“Homecoming weekend for ASU”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel was cool, not too overpriced considering it was Homecoming weekend for ASU. Staff was very nice and friendly. Room was very accommodating with a microwave and nice sized fridge. Linens were clean and beds were very comfortable. Air conditioning was slightly noisy, but in a good way. It drowned out the road noise from the interstate and actually helped dampened the doors closing from other late night (happy 'cause we won) guests. I would stay again! Kinda hard to find if you are not familiar with Jonesboro, but very close to the mall, ASU, and everything in-between!! It is on an access road, get on Stadium (Road with new mall, and ASU access), go left on Apache(south from the mall and ASU) which is right before you go over the bypass/interstate, and take a right onto the access road and follow it around the curve. On the left.

Room Tip: I got a great rate booking a non-refundable room on the ChoiceHotels.com website, but it is non-refu...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Katrice S, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jonesboro, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our tripadvisor survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Maumelle, Arkansas
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This hotel is one of the cleanest - if not *the* cleanest - we've stayed. I was very impressed with that, and we will definitely stay here again when in Jonesboro.

One of the other reviews mentioned housekeeping coming early and they did on our stay too, but I didn't consider it any big deal. They simply knocked on the door and said they were checking to see if the room was empty, etc. Not a big deal to me. It was close to 11am at that point anyway.

The staff at check-in, breakfast, and check-out were also courteous and helpful. The woman who ran the breakfast area was especially nice and helpful. I know everyone is always interested in the breakfast :). They had the standard fare, plus waffles, and I think you can get omelettes before a certain time, but we arrived right before they finished breakfast for the day.

The hotel is located a block or two off one of the main streets in town and is very convenient to shopping and restaurants and fairly close to the university, although it (ASU) is on the other end of Caraway.

The rooms were very large and also VERY quiet; we did hear someone slam a door late at night, but other than that, it was extremely quiet. I didn't hear any noise from people passing in the hallway or any TV noise, etc.

Overall, a great experience and I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Batesville, Arkansas
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is okay, somewhat overpriced for its current state. The staff was cordial, in general, while Friday's staff was more friendly. Breakfast Hostess was friendly all the way around and there was always plenty of coffee.

The real problems arose my first morning. As I got out of the shower I noticed a piece paper under my door. I thought to myself it can't be the bill because I'm staying another day and if it is maybe they confused my reservation. Instead, I found it to be a notice that the housekeeper had observed my "do not disturb" sign and had passed me by for room cleaning. I not only found this odd but extremely inappropriate given that it was only 9:20 in the morning. The hotel was not packed to the gills so I confronted the front desk staff and then the manager about this. The point was not that "we can still clean your room if you need service" as the manager retorted but rather that I should have to ask for service After having the audacity to remain in my room until 10 o'clock in the morning. This type of notification (pictured) should be reserved for much later in the day when someone keeps out there do not disturb sign. I have never, in years of travel, ever received one before noon. Instead of portraying respect or a true gratitude for my staying with them, Instead, It portrayed a lack of respect in that apparently housekeeping is done at their convenience rather than the customers, and quite honestly, a laziness on the part of the housekeeping staff. They did clean my room and also had maintenance fix my door which did not readily close and lock.

Not to be outdone by this initial pet peeve's presence, When I returned later in the day my key no longer work. Of course the Front desk lady had to intimate that it was probably my fault and asked "did you keep it near your cell phone?" I reassured her that I had not and she reprogrammed it for me. Just to make sure, I tried the other key which had been kept in my suitcase throughout my visit the thus fat and indeed it did not work either.

So in a matter of less than 24 hours, comfort suites managed to break two of my hotel pet peeves: Having to ask for service or feeling like you're putting the housekeeper out when you venture out into the hallway and she asks "will you be needing service today?" and room keys that either do not work for the entire length of your stay or stop working before checkout time.

Thankfully the rest of my visit was uneventful.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank HB-KB
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for the night on our way to Gulf Shores. The room was very clean and comfortable. The shower felt great the next morning and breakfast was delicious (and we all kept the breakfast lady very busy that Saturday morning!). The staff was all very friendly and enjoyed staying there!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank McCordx5
Shawnee, Kansas
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Hotel was very nice and clean. The lady working the breakfast area was awesome. She really worked hard to make sure all guests got what they needed. Beds were super soft and we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from highway.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
El Dorado Springs, MO
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We stayed here on our way to florida. We travel wit a small dog which they gladly accepted. Our room was very large and very nice. It was very clean and had much more than we needed but enjoyed very much. Breakfast was great with omelet s prepared hot and fresh for you. Will plan on staying there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank seafoodjunkiestan
Farmington, Ar
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I recently stayed here while traveling on business. My experience was exceptional! I found the hotel clean and fresh. The staff was friendly, polite, and helpful. I will stay here again. The exercise room had free weights to go along with the cardio machines. The breakfast presentation was very appealing and well maintained.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank DerricA_13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesboro
Hilton Garden Inn Jonesboro
#6 of 19 in Jonesboro
Hampton Inn Paragould
Hampton Inn Paragould
#1 of 6 in Paragould

Been to Comfort Suites Jonesboro? Share your experiences!