“Beginning to slip” 2 of 5 bubbles

Baymont Inn & Suites Jonesboro
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
“Beginning to slip”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have stayed at the Baymont several times over the years, and have noticed that it has begun to decline. My recent stay did give the room I had reserved.. It was billed as a mini suite: however, it was obvious that it was not designed to be one. The TV was against the wall that made it viewable from the loveseat and recliner, but it was to the side of the bed. No way to prop up in the bed and watch it. The refrigerator was sitting at the end of the loveseat plugged into a receptacle that was broken and just hanging in the wall. The microwave was finally found in a little shelf underneath the vanity. I would have called the front desk to ask for a replacement, but that is when I found that the phone was dead. I went back down to the front desk and was not promised a replacement microwave, but they came up shortly while I was just leaving for ice and a Coke. They made the exchange and I followed them to the vending area only to discover that the ice machine was out of service and the vending machines were empty. I finally found ice and a Diet Coke and returned to my room to relax. I would have turned on the ceiling fan -- if it had worked.

Th room was fairly clean, but the wall treatment and carpeting could use work. Breakfast was far less than most motels are serving now. The pancakes were pre-made and wrapped in Saran Wrap. No hot items or waffle maker. I tried a bowl of cereal, but tossed it after seeing chunks of something on top of my cereal that I assumed came from the milk picture.

Overall, right now it is not a bad place to spend a night, but not a vacation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Siddika K, Adm Asst at Baymont Inn & Suites Jonesboro, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for your comments, We will be using them to improve our property.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Oak Harbor, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The desk area & pool were dirty.. When we went to our room, it was so disgusting, we refused to stay. The staff at the desk we also dirty. Staff was unfriendly and seem to not understand English
Never have I seen a hotel/motel this terrible.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I am so sorry for your issues. I do apologize. We will make every effort to get this corrected.
Johnson City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was recently stayed in his hotel and had 4 rooms. All the rooms were clean appeared to have been kept up. Pool was good. We needed some extra towels after swim in the pool of which the staff complied and was very friendly. Only complaints would be the rooms are supposed to be queen beds but seem awfully small and appear be more along the lines of full size. Over all stay was great and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for staying with us. We do appreciate your nice remarks and glad that all was ok with your stay.
Cornelius, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Elevator was broken. First room had noisey A/C. 2nd Room had no clock or coffee maker. Desk clerk made no attempt to get me a clock or coffee maker. Said she couldn't take from another room until everyone had checked in.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

I am so sorry that you had missing items in your room. We will take this up with the staff to get this fixed.