“Very RUDE!!”

Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
Arkansas City, Kansas
“Very RUDE!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

I was staying here because I needed to take my CNA classes. My Husband & I got a non smoking room and let me tell you it deffinetly smelt like a smoking room if that wasn't bad enough the room was NOT at all clean the floors had numerous stains, as well as dirt. The walls were filthy looked like they had never been clean, the shower was gross filled with hair from the previous person who had stayed there, we found a moldy rotten piece of celery underneath our bed. The bedding was ripped, looked unwashed, and smelt almost moldy. The room service was terrible, we stayed there for two weeks, we went home on the weekends and would return sunday; They did not clean at all in that time we were gone. They left us with like two towels for a whole two week period. The second week we went there the room keys wouldn't work and I had to go to the service desk every time I wanted to get back in my room. Besides that one day when I was at school my husband was sleeping waiting to pick me up at 2:00 pm check out time was 11:00am they went pounding on my husbands door at 10:00 am mind you they were indian my husband tried to talk to them and two of the indians workers who spoke little or no english told my husband he had to leave. My husband said we had planned to stay another night they then asked for a form of payment and when he told them I had the credit card at the time they kicked him out immediatly gave him only about 5 mins to collect all of our belongings. My husband had to sit and wait in a parking lot from 10:00 - 2:00 because of them. Overall it was probably the worst experience I had ever had with any hotel!! Also the indians, which is the only people who work there have no respect for women. Ohh and the wi-fi didn't work! If you are reading this believe me its worth the extra 50 or so dollars to go to a different hotel! If you go here its an experience you will never forget no matter how much you want to. One last thing the indian workers are very creepy they will stare you down and you may find them watching you! So please treat yourself to a halfway decent hotel because this is deffinetly not it!

Room Tip: Do not stay here you'll regret it!!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank 26Chelsea_L

Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Konawa, Ok
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

My husband stayed in this motel while away for work. When we went to stay with him, we found that the maid (and Indian man) leaves (cheetos??) finger prints on the clean towels that he replaced our dirty ones with every day. The floors were nasty, bathroom was filthy and had cigarette burns in a non smoking room, even found ashes in the corner... weird. The maid guy stayed in a room in the breezeway and in my opinion was very creepy. I always wondered if he was in our room going through our things while we were gone....

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank Chelleshokd

Travellers are raving about these Jonesboro hotels

missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2008

This motel has a severe roach problem. Walls were dirty and stained. Towels and bedding were ripped and stained. Room had a moldy smell. The shower and toilet were filthy. No cleaning going on in this motel. The most upsetting of all was the amount of roaches. During the night, my husband woke up due to a roach running across his face...Yikes.
OWNER: For the amount of money I paid, one would think you would provide a CLEAN room without roaches!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — roach problem.....dirty motel
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank customer22
Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2006

I've stayed in Jonesboro previously on business at the Holdiay Inn. This summer I was booked in by someone else. When I arrived they took me to the Scottish Inn, that's where most of the pilots were staying. I was apprehensive but it was late. I couldn't smell any curry in the lobby and the relief I felt with a white woman at the desk was quickly changed when I spotted a calendar for an Indian Grocery Store. My room was pretty pitiful, the formica on the table and other furniture was very badly chipped, the bathroom floor was covered with odd burn marks, the edge of the tub had many cigarette burns there was graffiti on the wall, there where cigarette burns on the top of the TV. The carpet was filthy, the sheets had holes in them, looked like knife slits. The bedspread had many cigarette burns in it, the air conditioner stunk because the drain was plugged. Even the phone came from a motel in Iowa or Nebraska. When you flushed the toilet it would belch air bubbles and water, some times the water would splash out onto the floor. All the redecorating of course meant there was paint on the rusty clothes rack, paint on the wall paper, paint slopped onto everything. I travel a lot, and this motel and Scottish Inns in general are off my list. Planning a trip to Sparta Wisconsin and the review for the one there was less then pleasing.

• Liked — Leaving it
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere nice
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank Chopper_Driver
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2006

I love this site and look quite often. When I realized this hotel, from my town, was listed I thought I better write.
There is nothing really wrong with this place except it is more for workers or locals who pay by the week. These people often live at this hotel for quite some time and treat it like home. If your traveling through your much better off staying at any of our hotels on Phillips Dr.
Baymont Inn, Holiday Inn or Express, Comfort Inn etc. All are fairly new or remodeled and right together.
From a Local

Stayed February 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cordova, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2006

It was a strange place. I'm not saying it was a BAD place but it was odd. First, I found the Scottish Inn listed online but they refused to honor the published rates saying they didn't advertise online. Huh, funny how I found them that way, isn't it?

Second, there was the dumping of car parts in the breezeway. We're sitting there minding our own business when we hear a crash. Look out the window, oh my! That's a car fender! Yep, a car fender next to the Coca-Cola machine. Shortly thereafter, there's a spare tire and what appears to be a tire iron. Huh.

Yes, to say the least it was a bit strange. Next time we'll ask for a room at the back where there is no breezeway for the dumping of car parts.

• Stayed November 2005