“issue with Travelocity”

Americas Best Value Inn Jonesboro
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I have no problem with the hotel. My issue is with Travelocity I booked the hotel room and get a great discount however the person who booked the room shorted me one night stay. I had to go out to the website and make the reservation myself because the representative could not signed the deal that I had gotten on the website at her end. Fortunately I found the same deal and booked the same hotel. My problem is I was sure that I told the young lady I wanted to check out on Friday and her reservation reveals that my check out with Thursday. This would not work for me therefore I ended up booking it myself. I have tried to call Travelocity 4 or 5 times. I have held on the line and was hung up on twice. It may be the Travelocity does not put as much emphasis on customer service is a do on getting your money. Too bad because the room rate was great! all I wanted was to speak with someone above call in level and get an answer to my questions. They could not seem to do this

• Stayed: November 2013
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn Jonesboro

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Cheap place to stay. Sheets come off the bed. Ok on cleanliness, quiet. Old mattress and old TV. Good location. Asked for more pillows and sheets had to go to front desk to get myself. You get what you pay for. If you just need a place to sleep, not bad for the money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Donna H
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I chose this property purely because it looked safer than the EconoLodge. I was passing through and needed a place to rest. We checked in late at about 9:40pm. There was no one in the office for a while, and after waiting a bit a girl came up front. She was very difficult to understand and provided no information about the location of the room, ice, or wireless key. I had to call back for that information and reached another person that I could barely understand. The kicker was the temperature in the room. When we opened the door the heat almost knocked me over. It was almost 95 degrees inside and the air barely works. The room is spacious but there are no linens, hair dryer, and the lamps do not work. I am too tired to argue with people who barely speak English so just be warned. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: no pool, fitness center, or breakfast. Just a hot room and a hard bed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank misshead3279
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My stay with this hotel was nice. Manager was nice, allowed us to check the room before renting it for the night. No roaches, no bed bugs. You could tell that the beds were new with new sheets. Beds were so comfortable. Next morning before check out you could tell that this place is making changes for improvements. For a hotel to improve is a place for me. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I travel a lot for my work, but this place takes the cake for worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We made our reservation online. On arrival, the office personnel had to be told twice about our reservation. The room we recieved smelled of old sweaty socks, the bathroom door veneer was stapled and staples were sticking out, the bathroom was unclean (black and brown curly hairs in the tub), and the floor was filthy. Bed was lumpy, furniture was in disrepair, and there was missing furniture (i.e. no table or night stand). The rate should have been less than $1/night! I will never stay at another "America's Best" when I travel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2012

WE rented a room from the mid-eastern manager/owner and went inside.The bed pillows had long hairs on them and the sheets appeared not to have been chenged.There were pubic hairs in the bed and bathtub.We requested another room.After this experience,we always carry extra sheets and pillow cases.This was a very unimpressive experience.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay if possible.There are many hotels nearby.We were stuck because we had no...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I I have stayed at this hotel multiple times on trips to Jonesboro, AR. The hotel itself is ok for the money they charge for rooms in that the rooms are fairly clean and decently furnished. For the most part there it just depends on what room you stay in as some are in better shape than the others. Best advice I can give there is just check the room out before bringing in your luggage and if you aren't happy with the room then you should go back to the front desk and request a different room. The hotel provides free internet access in the rooms and that does work very well as I had no problems accessing the web during my stay.

The drawbacks to this hotel are, if you are traveling with children in the summer,although this hotel does have a pool, it is not maintained. In fact, I have never seen the pool open for use one time when I have stayed at this facility.

The other drawback guest should consider would be for those who are current members of the "Value Club" program that America's Best Value Inn offers. This particular hotel does NOT honor the card if you try to use it to lower your rates when you book your room. When I called the 1-800 number on the back of the membership card I was told by a company rep that out of all the America Best Value Inns, (980 properties or so) 88% of them honor the discount program. The 2 locations in Jonesboro, AR are NOT among that 88% grouping.

Best thing to do there is to call the 1-800 number and inquire if the ABVI hotel you might be stopping at for the night honors the program so you will be able to make a informed decision ahead of time.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple