“Rooms need more attention from maintenance & maid staff.”

FairBridge Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
“Rooms need more attention from maintenance & maid staff.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

The room I was in (215) had missing light bulbs, and the filter for the central heat and air unit was overdue for replacement. The bathroom was really dirty (toilet and shower). Other than the mini pillows the bed was comfortable. I guess you get what you pay for... Unfortunately. It seems like to get a decent room now a days you'll have to pay over $100.:(

• Stayed November 2013
fbisjones, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained as it is our goal to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and inviting accommodations. It is disappointing to know you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, and regrettable you were not satisfied with cleanliness of the room you received. We have made several changes to our housekeeping and preventative maintenance procedures and look forward to showing you our many improvements on your next stay here in Jonesboro.

Stacy Wahrer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Laramie, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We've never been in this area before, but we're happy we picked this hotel from TripAdvisor reviews. Had a little trouble finding it in the dark because theFairbridge sign is still a vinyl sign tied over the old Holiday Inn sign. Our room has been recently renovated, was very clean and surprisingly quiet for a Saturday night. The night desk clerk was very friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear WyoHarpLady,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am happy to tell you we now have a new lighted sign at the entrance to help with visibility to our guests. We hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Birmingham, AL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

The property had changed from a Holiday Inn to Fairbridge just prior to our stay so that the signage wasn't even changed - Fairbridge had a vinyl sign tied over the Holiday Inn sign. The front entrance had a pair of topiaries that were brown & dead or near dead and a stacked rock fountain area in the left corner that would have been nice, but it had no water. I'm sure these are problems they're going to address soon. Hope so, because inside gives a much better impression of the facility.

The lobby, indoor pool, workout, & banquet areas were all very nice, although the fitness center was small with only 3 pieces of equipment. The onsite restaurant offered an excellent breakfast buffet that was included with our stay.

Our room was a real disappointment. It was upstairs and there was no elevator which meant dragging our luggage up a steep open stairway. Inside I was absolutely stunned to discovered a single full-sized bed which was miserably small for 2 people. There was also an unpleasant smoker/musty smell. The room appeared clean & adequate otherwise. We did see much nicer rooms, so we must have been given the bottom of the pond when it comes to their room offerings. It was quiet, though.

All rooms are inside - no outside corridors. Each room has a big picture window with excellent room-darkening drapes. The main level rooms open onto a huge open area/convention-event space. This area is open to the roof of the building, so the upstairs rooms are on each side of it, too, with an open balcony hallway on each side & the long open stairway as your only access to this level.

The staff wasn't great, either. I waited 10 or more minutes while the one person working the desk spoke with another guest. Not once did he even look up to acknowledge my presence or tell me he'd be with me momentarily. At checkout I walked into the very nice lobby to see a blue/black-haired employee with electric blue eye shadow sitting cross-legged atop the counter watching TV. She asked if I was ready to check out & I told her my husband would be there in a moment to handle our checkout. She hopped off the counter & promptly disappeared. As we were loading the car, we spotted her squatting outside a side exit door smoking & texting on her cell phone. My husband had to approach her & ask her to return to the lobby so we could complete checkout.

The hotel really has a lot of potential & is in a great location but the staff needs some training & no one other than a single traveler should be put into a room like we had.

Room Tip: Be specific about the room you want. If you don't want to climb stairs, insist on a main level r...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Judy19,

While I agree with you that the hotel has great potential, I am disappointed that you had such a bad experience. We have recently went through many changes that include the front desk staff, room maintenance as well as additional signage. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am certain that you will be greatly pleased with the level of personalized service you will receive with your next stay at FairBridge Inn & Suites Jonesboro.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I play music in jonesboro occasionally & the holiday inn is centrally located & the best price for a better room compared to the other hotels in the area. The breakfast and restaurant in the hotel are nice when u want to stay in.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Peanur,

I am so pleased to hear that you found value in our affordable rates as well as our complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you next time you are in Jonesboro.

Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Decided on the site because of the location and hopes that it had been renovated when it changed brands. It had been renovated - a very good job was done - and the rooms were very nice. Air conditioning and WiFi worked well. The indoor pool area was neat and clean. We didn't have any need for the restaurant so the limited hours (breakfast only- ?) didn't bother us. I do not know how the new management will maintain the property but, as of now, it is a bargain.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Greg S
Dear Gstimis,

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review. We appreciate all of our guests comments as we always strive for excellence. You will be pleased to know that in addition to the complementary hot breakfast we serve daily, we have expanded the hours of operation for the restaurant and are also offering room service 7 days a week. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Jonesboro.

gadsden, tn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Well, I have to say I booked through Priceline and low and behold they gave me a single smoking room. Since I was traveling with 2 elementary age children, I asked if they could do anything to help me. He says no. A nice young lady (Crystal) says they need at least a larger room so she can have a Cot. So they gave me a king size bed, which was wonderful. The room faced outside and sometimes people smoked outside a nonsmoking room (go figure!) and we Did see spiders. It is very dated but for $50 I thought this was very comfortable. We did McDonalds for breakfast during our stay. The pool is way small but my kids got wet and had fun. The maids do bang on the door day of checkout like at 8:30 when checkout is 11. But if we return I would stay here again. Wifi and Tv worked well. Shower nice, but not clean enough for a bath!

Room Tip: Inside rooms may be noisier since they are around an indoor pool. Hot tub/spa being serviced.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 3reasons
Dear 3reasons,

First of all, thank you very much for your stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to hear that we fell below your expectations. Since your stay, we have made many changes in the housekeeping department and have given our front desk staff additional training. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and we work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior. I am certain that you will see all the positive changes we have made on your next stay with us.

Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here during a trip to several states. We both thought the room was really nice. The décor was lovely and updated. The bedding was plush and the room was clean. We had stayed for 2 nights and had the best sleep ever. I teased that I wanted to take the bedding home with us. LOL I also had the misfortune of having a broken tooth and was in a great deal of pain. The front desk was so helpful with getting me hooked up with a local dentist who agreed to see me right away. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BoFan
Dear BoFan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience and look forward to assisting you with any lodging needs you may have in the future.